About the Organization
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Direct Mail Marketing Associate is responsible for the management of all direct mail production. This role also assists with project management of other Digital and Direct Marketing campaigns and initiatives. A successful candidate must be able to juggle multiple projects and priorities with a flexible work style, and to thrive with tight deadlines and changing needs. This position reports to the Marketing Project Manager.
- Manage the production of all direct mail campaigns and projects, adhering to timelines and budgets.
- Review and approve data and creative assets (both internal & external, including proofs & setups) for accuracy, executing quality-assurance processes with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Interface with internal and external resources (designers, writers, legal, IT, operations, print vendors, data vendors, and others) to maintain project efficiency.
- Ensure smooth trafficking of data and creative assets between departments and with external vendors.
- Reconcile vendor invoices and prepare final cost summaries.
- Take ownership of various ad hoc campaign tasks and details.
- Provide input on increasing the efficiency of processes related to direct mail campaign execution.
- Manage other projects for the Digital and Direct Marketing team, including but not limited to managing the production of marketing emails and maintaining related documentation.
- Act as a backup producer for the email team, achieving proficiency in tools used by the team, including Litmus, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and Workfront.
- Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, or related business discipline
- 1-3 years of marketing experience (preferably in direct mail)
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to see the bigger picture
- Highly organized, with the ability to follow through on projects from inception to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiar with Word and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML a plus
- Jewish philanthropy experience a plus
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.