AGENCY: Founded in 1978, JFS Orlando is a multi-service nonprofit organization with the mission to provide services to stabilize individuals and families in crisis and enhance the quality of life across generations to all members of the Central Florida community.
PROGRAM: The Pearlman Food Pantry provides food assistance to individuals and families experiencing food insecurity. The RIDE Program provides free transportation assistance to medical appointments and other essential services for low-income seniors and disabled adults.
POSITION: JFS Orlando is looking for an experienced Program Coordinator to oversee the Pearlman Food Pantry, RIDE Program, and Volunteer Services Program. This is a non-exempt, full-time position totaling 34 hours per week, with benefits. Please note, this position requires some heavy lifting.
SCHEDULE: The schedule for this position will be from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, with a 30-minute (unpaid) lunch break each day.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Pearlman Food Pantry, RIDE Program, and Volunteer Services Program and execute daily tasks related to these programs.
- Maintain program partnerships and serve as the community liaison for the programs.
- Maintain pantry inventory, stock the pantry, and utilize a first-in, first-out model.
- Receive and process weekly food order and food donations.
- Prepare bags of food for distribution and provide food assistance to clients.
- Supervise, work with, and support the Pantry Assistant.
- Screen potential clients for RIDE Program eligibility, enroll clients in the program, and maintain the program waitlist.
- Communicate with clients to arrange transportation assistance.
- Schedule rides with transportation partner and address any issues that arise.
- Collect and enter client and programmatic data and maintain program documentation.
- Recruit volunteers, provide volunteer orientation and training, supervise volunteers, and maintain volunteer schedule and contact list.
- Process background checks for volunteers and employees.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in the field of social work, non-profit management, or other related field of study preferred.
- Two years of nonprofit and/or program coordination experience preferred.
- Familiarity with computer data base input.
- Due to the nature of our business, vaccination and immunization is required.
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to prioritize and multitask.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as work collaboratively with a team.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus.
For consideration, send a cover letter and resume outlining skills and experience in Word or PDF format to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
JFS Orlando is an equal opportunity employer.