Job Title: Elementary Hebrew Teacher
Classification: Part Time
Reports to: Lower School Principal
The mission of The Dr. Miriam and Sheldon G. Adelson Educational Campus (The Adelson School) is to instruct and inspire new generations of students who will draw strength from a rich Jewish heritage, and use their knowledge, values, and vision to fulfill their own potential and build a better world. The Adelson School, founded on Jewish values and ethos, is the only PK-12 Jewish community school in Nevada.
The Adelson School specializes in education that inspires students by nurturing each individual’s voice, intellect, and character. The Adelson School’s faculty create a school environment that is as supportive and nurturing as it is challenging, and they embody the core values of the school – respect for all, understanding and appreciating differences, academic excellence, connection to community, and honoring Judaism.
The Adelson School seeks a part time Lower School Hebrew/Jewish studies teacher starting in August of 2022. Reporting to the Lower School Principal, the Lower School Teacher facilitates growth and success in academic and social/emotional learning through the implementation of chosen curriculum. The Lower School Teacher differentiates instruction to meet the needs of all learners and creates a warm, welcoming classroom environment where all students feel safe taking risks. The Lower School Teacher creates positive relationships with students, parents, colleagues and administration, and clearly communicates regarding progress, strengths, goals, and expectations.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates Hebrew proficiency- experience in teaching Ivrit b’ivrit.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in English, orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates Jewish studies knowledge.
- Ability to collaborate with general studies teachers on meaningful integration for holiday and milestone events.
- Demonstrates strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with a range of learning styles and has experience differentiating curriculum to meet students' needs.
- Reflects on own practice and seeks professional development, striving to improve.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Team player, honest and reliable.
- Organized and creative.
- Experience in operating learning management systems, and technology.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic.
- Nurturing to students.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Education or related field; prefered in Jewish studies and or teaching Hebrew as a second language.
- Must have multiple years of relevant teaching experience.
- Preferred experience in Tal Am- Ital Am, Chaverim B'ivrit curriculum.
- Knowledge and experience with differentiated instruction.
- Experience with or knowledge of Jewish culture, traditions, and values
- Prolonged periods of sitting.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- At times may be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for a minimum of three (3) references. Please combine all documents into a single PDF and email to [email protected]
The Adelson School is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. The Adelson School is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email [email protected] or call 702-515-8206. When contacting us, please provide your contact information and state the nature of your accessibility issue. We will only respond to inquiries concerning requests that involve a reasonable accommodation in the application process.