The Clergy and Administrator Assistant at Congregation B'nai Tikvah (CBT) will provide administrative support to our Rabbi and Cantor, as well as the Synagogue Administrator. Both full time and part time employment will be considered. Includes front desk receptionist responsibilities as well, including acting as the “gatekeeper” for all calls/visitors, and will be responsible for meeting/greeting visitors and answering/screening calls.
Other general administrative support functions will include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling meetings and managing the clergy calendar
- Creating documents and manage mailings
- Ordering and maintain supplies at the appropriate level
- Filing, faxing, photocopying
- Be the first welcoming voice/face to members and potential new members
- Assist members with questions and requests as appropriate
- Track all incoming donations and provide timely acknowledgements
- Be able to perform basic trouble-shooting operations on computer
- Keep clergy organized
- Ensure timely mailing of daily outgoing mail
- Collect and distribute mail to all staff and appropriate lay leaders
- Coordinate and produce office-based mailings
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
Looking for a self-starter who is able to multi-task, work in a team and is computer proficient. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of synagogue operations preferred. Must be able to interact with all types of individuals calling and coming into the office at all times. Works well under occasional pressure.
Preferred 3 years of relevant experience; Demonstrated experience in successfully working with individuals and collaboratively in groups; Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; Knowledge and understanding of Judaism and Jewish culture, customs, holidays, and familiarity with the needs of a Conservative Jewish congregation.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please direct all inquiries and submit cover letter and resume to Lesley Lewkowicz, Synagogue Administrator, at [email protected]