Bespoke Private Service
Program and Operations Associate
Reports To: Foundation President
Work Schedule: Full time
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Start Date: ASAP
The Program and Operations Associate will become a key member of the small team supporting a private family foundation focused on Jewish and community giving. The foundation makes programmatic and capital project grants to organizations working locally in the Bay Area, across the United States, and globally, with a specific focus on Israel and the Former Soviet Union.
As the Program and Operations Associate, you will serve as the team’s central coordinator, providing grantmaking and administrative support while contributing to the development of the foundation’s strategy and operations. The role requires superior attention to detail, strong research and analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and a solution-driven mindset. We believe this is a great opportunity for a dynamic professional looking to grow within an innovative and impact-oriented philanthropic team.
The Associate will work closely with the foundation’s two Directors, report to the foundation’s President. This is a full-time hybrid role based in the Menlo Park, CA office.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of work experience in philanthropy, the nonprofit sector, or administrative/project management roles, familiarity with grantmaking preferred
- Passion for and/or interest in supporting Jewish communities and causes
- Ability to conduct research, analyze data, and synthesize findings
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, sharp attention to detail, and ability to complete work with a high degree of accuracy and dependability
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and completing tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience working in collaborative teams or settings
- Strong computer skills and the ability to quickly learn new tools and systems, with experience in GoogleSuite and/or Salesforce preferred
- Grantmaking and Program Development: Manage grant pipeline by tracking and conducting desk research on organizations, coordinating prospective grantee meetings, and preparing initial assessments of new opportunities. Develop dashboards, data visualizations, and reports to enable effective monitoring and management of grants and other foundation activity. Undertake special projects to further the foundation’s goals, including conducting research and analysis on the foundation’s grantmaking and the field.
- Operations Support: Manage the President's calendar and the foundation’s internal team calendar. Coordinate scheduling and logistics for internal and external meetings, virtual and in-person grantee meetings and site visits, partner convenings, conferences and special events. Assist with day-to-day office needs, incoming and outgoing correspondence, and other administrative tasks.
- Data and Platform Management: Serve as the CRM and grants management platform expert on the team, with working knowledge of the database structure, fields, and user-interface. Maintain data through data entry and updates, testing and cleaning data, and working with the team to troubleshoot issues.
- Fully paid Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan (with a matching contribution of up to 6%)
- 11 National Holidays
- 15 Vacation Days/yr with an increase after 3 years
- 10 Sick Days