About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
If you’re looking to join a dynamic team that is situated at the epicenter of real estate and philanthropy, if you want to use your smarts and your energy for social good, if you thrive being where the action is, and if you love working with smart, fun people, then keep reading. Because UJA is hiring a Development Assistant for the Real Estate Division.
The Real Estate Division seeks a detail-oriented, proactive, motivated, positive, and flexible Development Assistant to manage special projects, ongoing department initiatives and provide essential support to three Financial Resource Development professionals, including the assistant director as well as other members of the department. This individual must be proficient in multitasking, complex charts, and computer programs.
- Help coordinate and assist with department fundraising events and activities
- Work with the team on ways to improve efficiency
- Plan and prepare necessary materials for internal and external meetings, including event logistics
- Type and compose correspondence, such as memos, reports, and invitations
- Manage and maintain database, calendar, and files
- Process money for events, campaign payments, and pledges
- Assemble internal and external mailings
- Help coordinate and assist with seminars, donor events, volunteer projects, and department activities
- Respond to situations as appropriate, corresponding with donors and staff
- Process and file attendance
- Research and prospect individuals
- Perform general administrative duties such as ordering supplies, paying invoices, processing expense reports, requesting materials and arranging food and room requests.
- Attend trainings on office systems and procedures to stay up-to-date on those systems and procedures, serving as a resource to the team on them as needed.
- Act as office manager for the department and ensure the administrative space is organized and maintained.
- Various projects as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and database management
- Detail-oriented, effective time manager with the ability to multitask in an extremely fast-paced work environment
- Excellent writing, editing, and administrative skills
- Flexibility with good interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Friendly phone presence
- Understanding levels of confidentiality
- Positive work ethic and ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility to work at events and programs when required, which may be outside of normal business hours
- Excellent organization skills and an understanding of systems and procedures
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.