Become part of a warm, vibrant, inclusive community and help make a difference by serving as the Administrative Assistant at a dynamic Conservative synagogue in Howard County. This is a part-time 24 hours per week hourly position with occasional weekend work. This position reports directly to the Synagogue Administrator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides minimal administrative support to the Rabbi
- Assists with preparation for classes, events, and meetings
- Performs administrative duties including answering telephones, producing mailings, filing, and data entry
- Supports committee and Board of Trustees' activities, as needed
- Creates monthly electronic newsletters and Shabbat bulletins
- Develops Constant Contact electronic messages and event registrations
- Posts events and messages on social media such as FaceBook and Twitter
- Provides administrative support necessary for the smooth conduct of all Shabbat and life cycle services and events, High Holy Day services, and festivals
- Serves as an interface between the synagogue, its members, prospective members, community leaders, and the community through telephone, e-mail, and in person communications
- Responsible for maintaining and updating membership data base and congregational calendars
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Judaic practices and rituals including familiarity with the Jewish calendar of celebrations and holidays
- Warm and friendly with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Efficient and possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and provide attention to detail
- Must have basic Hebrew reading and writing knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Knowledge of Shul Cloud plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Salary commensurate with experience.
*We have also posted a position for a part-time Youth Program Coordinator. For the right candidate, we would consider combining the positions into a fulll-time position.