Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC Chicago is a fast-paced, highly effective organization that connects our community with AJC’s global advocacy work to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel. Our access to diplomats, elected officials, interfaith/intergroup and civic leaders at the local, state, and federal level advances AJC’s broader global priorities: combating antisemitism, promoting Israel’s place in the world, and countering the spread of hate and extremism.
Our impact extends well beyond Chicago, helping AJC achieve tangible results in the form of government policies, formidable alliances, and tangible legislation. For more than 75 years, AJC Chicago has been a thought leader, convener, and unifying voice, providing a unique and trusted perspective in Illinois and around the Midwest.
The Advancement and Engagement Coordinator will provide essential support to AJC’s fundraising program, while also providing support to events that develop and expand AJC’s donor and leadership pool. The role will require strong conceptual abilities, sophisticated understanding of data and data management, and an ability to work closely with AJC’s lay and staff leadership team. The position will report to the Director of Advancement and Engagement.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with knowledge of the Chicago Jewish community. The candidate must be a consummate team player who works effectively with various constituencies.
The Advancement and Engagement Associate does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Process donations, prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence, and prepare statements
- Update and maintain correct database records and spreadsheets
- Prepare and draft solicitation letters, complete mail merges, maintain donor records
- Conduct research on prospective sources of revenue, including major gift prospects, foundations, and dinner honorees
- Run regular campaign reports and dashboards, including portfolio data management
- Manage logistics for honoree dinners, major fundraising events, and donor cultivation events
- Support the Director of Advancement & Engagement with administrative items, including but not limited to processing expense reports, research for special projects, processing invoices for development-related expenses
- Assist with Board engagement and cultivation efforts
- Performing other tasks needed to support overall office effectiveness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; comfort, tact and diplomacy while speaking on the phone is a must
- Event planning experience is highly valued
- Dependable with well-developed organizational and time management skills, especially the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, including strict adherence to confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A team player with the ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- Ability to attend events, meetings and programs outside of standard working hours
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint with the ability to learn; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Bachelor’s degree, high school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant experience
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 10 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $48,000.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/segmk9616i2v2t/