Who We Are
YJP is an innovative non-profit organization striving to be a catalyst of the success and philanthropy of the Jewish community for generations to come. Founded in 2009, YJP provides exclusive opportunities for young Jewish professionals in New York to access the top mentors in their field as well as a community of like-minded rising stars. YJP has created thriving young professional communities in the areas of Real Estate, Finance, Media/Entertainment, Technology, Healthcare, Law, Retail/Merchandising, Human Resources, and more.
With a team of driven professionals who are passionate about fostering the next generation of Jewish business leaders, YJP offers a hybrid work environment to employees based in the NYC area. The organization is committed to providing a positive and supportive experience for its employees while continually offering opportunities for professional development and career growth.
At this time we are looking for freelance (1099) event coordinators to supplement our business needs throughout the year at a rate of $25-30 per hour depending on experience. Ideally we are looking to build relationships with several 1099 contractors who we can add to our vendor list. The scope of the work will focus on planning and executing the logistics of specific YJP’s events. Events will be based in New York City and can occur on-site at YJP’s venue (The Mansion) and off-site at rented venues. This is an exciting role with plenty of opportunity based on successful execution of our needs. The majority of events will take place on weeknight evenings.
What You Will Do
- Research, gather quotes from, and engage vendors for upcoming events
- Consistently communicate on-site event dates with the Venue Manager to ensure venue availability
- Oversee the agenda for each assigned YJP event in collaboration with the Programs team
- Ensure the receipt of all necessary event materials from the Programs and Development teams
- Plan and manage all event logistics including vendors, staffing, setup/breakdown, etc.
- Design and execute the decor for each event (includes linens, florals, signage, paper goods, floor plan, etc.)
- Explore outside venues for events as needed through research, site visits, and quote comparisons
- Liaise with all outside venues to ensure the smooth execution of off-site events
- Ensure that YJP’s high standards for service and experience quality are met at all times
- Ensure that all expenses stay on budget for each expense category
- Communicate all expenses to the Head of Business Operations as requested
- Schedule vendor arrivals/deliveries for each event in collaboration with the Venue Manager
- Manage all day-of logistics, including: receipt of deliveries, welcome and direct vendors, oversee setup/breakdown, run AV system, direct event staff, etc.
- Direct security staff to ensure the safety of YJP’s guests
- Serve as day-of coordinator for assigned events
- Engage with and oversee freelance service providers such as photographers and videographers at the event
- Engage with event attendees to collect feedback
- Additional duties as assigned
- Passionate about providing high-quality event experiences
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage an event from design through execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail and organization
- Comfortable with technology and able to learn new systems quickly
- Exhibits a professional attitude and demeanor at all times
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Exhibits community-first mindset at all times
- Self-motivated with the ability to problem-solve independently
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in event coordination, hospitality, and/or vendor relations is required
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with the Jewish calendar and traditions or willingness to learn