Director of Early Childhood Education of The Solel Preschool
Position: The Director of Early Childhood Education of The Solel Preschool in Arizona
Start: July 2022
Temple Solel, a warm, inclusive and progressive Phoenix area Reform Congregation of over 500 families, is looking for the right candidate to join our dedicated staff as the Director of Early Childhood Education of The Solel Preschool. As the Director of Early Childhood Education, this individual will direct The Solel Preschool, a highly successful and established preschool licensed to serve 248 children, as well as direct early childhood activities and programming within the greater Temple Solel community. The Solel Preschool is well respected in the Phoenix community and often has a waitlist full of families looking to send their children to an amazing preschool.
Founded in 1966, Temple Solel has strong roots in the Phoenix community. Close to beautiful Camelback Mountain, members are drawn to Solel for the incredible clergy, music and family atmosphere. In addition to services, Solel prides itself on offering valuable programming, social functions and volunteer opportunities for all ages.
Temple Solel is a vibrant and engaged Reform community grounded in relationships and deeds, and elevated by Shabbat and Torah. We welcome all who seek a connection to Jewish life regardless of religious background, race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, ability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity.
The Director of Early Childhood Education of The Solel Preschool is responsible for day-to-day administration and oversight of every aspect of the various programs as it relates to our children, staff, parents and synagogue. The Director of Early Childhood Education of The Solel Preschool also defines the relevant early educational goals and develops the appropriate curriculum and creates the positive social and academic environment that is current in general education trends and more specifically in Early Jewish Education.
The Director of Early Childhood Education of The Solel Preschool reports to the Temple Executive Director and liaises to the lay leadership through the VP of Education. The Director of Early Childhood Education of The Solel Preschool will work hand in hand with the synagogue clergy and senior staff as well as work closely with The Solel Preschool Parent Association.
The direct reports of The Director of Early Childhood Education of The Solel Preschool include:
- Assistant Director
- Teaching Staff of 40
- Billing assistant
- Education Assistant
- Additional Support Staff
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- The overall daily operations of the preschool, including the determination of procedures and educational policies
- Monitor the maintenance of the physical plant and ensure necessary supplies and equipment are available for each classroom.
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal health and safety guidelines as well as Temple policies
- The coordination of various early childhood education programs for Temple Solel
- Oversee and manage a variety of year round programs including :
? Early Childhood Programs
? Camp Solel Summer Program
? Spring and Winter Break Camps
- Supervision of all preschool staff
- Budget planning and financial management
- Community-building within the preschool, Temple Solel and the greater Jewish community Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- MA in Early Childhood Education or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with Jewish tradition, ritual and Judaic curriculum
- Minimum of 3 years as an Early Childhood Director preferred
The ideal candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with clergy and the Director of Raker Religious School in creating programming for the Temple Solel community
- Initiate and oversee programs and curriculum that promote the highest standard of academic excellence, while integrating Jewish traditions
- Promote an atmosphere that embraces creativity and innovation in education
- Create a positive work environment and supportive culture for staff
- Excel at academic and social program development internally and externally
- Establish advertising and public relations opportunities to promote the preschool program ? Possess knowledge of budgetary process and management
- Recruit, hire, supervise, motivate and mentor a qualified preschool staff
- Develop and sustain fundraising opportunities to continue the growth of the preschool and temple
- Foster a positive relationship with parents, students, clergy, Board Members and congregants of the Temple Solel community
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes vacation, generous medical insurance contribution and continuing professional development. You and your family will become part of our caring community as a member of our senior staff.
Resume and cover letter should be sent to: [email protected]
Lauren Brown, Temple Solel Board of Trustees and Education Committee Board Chair
Frank Rader, Temple Solel Member