BBYO Ontario is looking for awesome talent to join our team as Program Associate, based in Toronto. The current team includes an Executive Director, an Engagement Associate, and a network of volunteer advisors.
As Program Associate, you will play a key role in the success of BBYO Ontario by working closely with teens to create impactful, fun, and dynamic programs, grow membership, and train regional teen leaders. This is your chance to make an impact by engaging, empowering, and inspiring Jewish teens to do great things and set forth on a lifelong path of exciting and meaningful involvement in Jewish life.
You love working with teens. You’re creative, quick on your feet, and you like your job to change every day. You’re not the kind of person who wants to sit behind a desk. You have an infectious personality and you love getting others to join you in changing the world. You're a problem solver, skilled at juggling multiple priorities at once, and you enjoy being a part of a team.
We’re seeking a professional that is a self-starter, energetic, detail-oriented, organized and can work well in a team setting. Ideal candidates are charismatic, have strong people skills, tested program experience, and are able to relate to teens and utilize their abilities to achieve BBYO’s mission of engaging more Jewish teens in more meaningful Jewish experiences. They will possess a skill set that includes strong customer service skills, budgeting, logical thinking, creative and professional writing, and event planning.
We’re part of a global network of passionate professionals working to amplify Jewish teen life worldwide. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens, built on 97 years of storied history. We do this challenging and invigorating work through our partners in more than 725 local, teen-led chapters across nearly 60 countries, at hundreds of weekend retreats during the school year and across a rapidly growing suite of global exchanges, campaigns and movement initiatives all year-round. Our team is strong, agile, creative, inclusive and every day is different by design. We are fast-paced, high-energy, and results-driven, and we enjoy working together almost as much as we believe in the mission we are chasing together.
What you’ll get to do as Program Associate:
- Work with teens, colleagues, and volunteers to create impactful, fun, and dynamic programs including weekly chapter events, large scale community projects and three to four regional conventions each year
- Empower and inspire teens through your mentorship, coaching and training
- Manage a member recruitment process that expands the pipeline of prospects, aligns stakeholders, and prepares teens to invite other teens to join BBYO
- Develop and manage program calendars and budgets across multiple communities
- Seek out and develop relationships with parents, alumni, and community partners to mobilize more people to grow BBYO, and drive metrics
- Participate in organizational projects, teams, and programs as assigned to expand the movement and strengthen teen leadership.
What you’ll learn as Program Associate:
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR, and event planning
- How to analyze and track data to drive decision making
- How to work with a global team and across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Relationship building as you network with and travel to other BBYO communities
- Professionalism and the ability to inspire and influence others to action.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a related field
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience working with youth or teens is preferred
- Experience leading teams or projects is preferred
- Ability to travel to the US as needed to attend various conventions and conferences
- A valid driver’s licence and vehicle
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (evenings and weekends) when teens are available.
This is a full-time, 6-month contract position based in BBYO Ontario’s offices in Toronto and Vaughan. We offer paid statutory holidays and paid time off for most Jewish holidays. We also provide excellent opportunities for professional development and a flexible work environment that promotes work-life blend. You’ll find friends, mentors, and a place where you can have fun, learn, grow, celebrate your Jewish identity, give back to your community, bring out the best in others, and, most important, be yourself.
Salary: $36,000-$45,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
Apply at bbyo.ca/careers