Job Description - Operations Administrator: Executive and Development
Reporting to the Executive Director and the Director of Development and Stewardship, the Operations Administrator will provide reliable operations services and expertise to Melton’s internal team and support our development efforts. This includes a wide range of core systems and processes, development of workflows and management of external consultants. The Operations Administrator establishes and maintains outstanding communication with all constituents and sets the standard for expert assistance and effective delivery of all services. This is a non-exempt position which is based in our New York office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director and the Director of Development and Stewardship to create and implement new procedures and programs that support our organizational goals.
- Support the Executive Director in scheduling meetings, managing communications, handling office needs, and assisting with staff. Provide additional support in these areas for the International Director as needed.
- Support Director of Development and Stewardship in entering all gifts, pledges, and donor information into the database in a timely and accurate manner, generating donor acknowledgement letters, and ensuring the fundraising database and platform is functioning properly. Ensure historical data is correct as well.
- Coordinate board meeting logistics including location, invites, and food.
- Manage outside vendors that provide essential support to the organization including our IT and fundraising database and platform.
- Ensure vendor contracts are managed effectively, maximizing Melton’s resources.?
- Contribute to Melton’s positive organizational culture through modeling our values, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to our mission.
- Perform additional tasks as needed to support Melton’s operational and organizational mission.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Experience and deep understanding of CRM and database management.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, juggle multiple priorities, and move quickly from one project to another while maintaining overall perspective.
- Demonstrated experience interacting positively and effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in reviewing and managing vendor and partner contracts.
- Superior interpersonal, written, and oral skills.
- Fluency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience, preferably in a non-profit environment including a proven track record of success in database management and operations.
The Operations Administrator is a full-time position. The salary range is $60,000-$68,000 and will be commensurate with experience. This is a hybrid position in which the employee would be expected to go into the New York office three days a week.
- Generous Paid Time Off (20 vacation days per year) including most major American and all Jewish holidays
- Shorter Friday workday to accommodate Shabbat
- Medical insurance
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after six months of employment
Submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
The Florence Melton School of Adult Jewish Learning engages adult learners in a life-enhancing study of Jewish texts and ideas that nurtures and deepens Jewish community worldwide. Through classes (both in-person and online) and travel seminars, Melton learners find Jewish texts and ideas accessible and relevant to their lives. They become part of a worldwide movement of committed learners who are empowered to enrich Jewish life.
Melton is the largest pluralistic adult Jewish education network in the world, with 50 Melton communities throughout the United States, Canada, Australia and South Africa. More than 50,000 learners have experienced Melton’s professionally?developed curriculum?and lively interactive classes.
Inventor and activist?Florence Zacks Melton?z”l (1911-2007) envisioned and endowed The Florence Melton Institute in 1986 as a project of the?Melton Centre?at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. She sought to bring to life a comprehensive and sophisticated program of Jewish learning for adults. To this day, Melton attributes its values of accessibility, open-mindedness, integrity, community, and innovation to her enduring vision.
Melton’s main office is in New York City.