Yavneh Day School:
Yavneh Day School is located in the heart of Silicon Valley and is part of the shared Levy Family Campus in beautiful Los Gatos, California. This vibrant location is a hub for Jewish cultural, recreational, philanthropic and educational activities and creates an engaging backdrop for our students and faculty. Yavneh offers a progressive K-8 education with a collaborative approach to learning. We offer the highest level of academics, STEAM, music, integrated Jewish studies and Hebrew immersion curriculum within a warm, welcoming and inclusive community. We are a U.S. Department of Education Exemplary High Performing National Blue Ribbon School and have been recognized for our dual language immersion program. Our students' accomplishments have been recognized in international Israeli writing competitions, as well as by the White House, the San Francisco Museum of Art, and a chapter in the book What Schools Teach Us About Religious Life by Daniel Heischman. A Yavneh education is about fostering curiosity, encouraging risk taking, and ingraining a love of learning. At Yavneh, our students are inspired to achieve their full academic and personal potential while also engaging meaningfully in the world around them.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate, collaborative, energetic and experienced Finance Associate who will work closely with the Controller to oversee the day-to-day financial operations at the school. In addition, the finance associate will work with Tri-Net to coordinate payroll and HR support.
- Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Monitor transactions in accounting systems including tuition payments and deposits, Paypal and after-school payments.
- Maintain accounting/finance departmental files and process documents for area of responsibility.
- Serve as the primary person responsible for purchasing, including obtaining budgetary approvals.
- Perform monthly reconciliations, as needed.
- Provide audit support, as needed.
- Support the administrative team in multiple areas including admissions and marketing including creating enrollment and employee agreements.
- Provide daily support to office administration as directed by the office administrator.
- Prepare financial aid spreadsheets and support the financial aid committee
- HR: support teacher onboarding from employee agreements to benefits to starting work and complete bi-monthy payroll
- Display a deep rooted passion and purpose for community and a drive to connect people with causes and opportunities that make a difference.
- Must bring a high level of integrity, initiative, compassion and enthusiasm for the work that Yavneh is doing and be able to translate that into innovative and thoughtful development programs.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, warmth, confidence, a positive outlook, and a strong work ethic.
- Data driven decision maker and a creative leader in admission, recruitment and retention.
- Team player who has a warm collaborative nature, positive energy, possess superior organization and prioritization skills and is self-motivated in the completion of his/her work.
- Willingness and passion to create high level plans while also taking a hands on approach to cultivating connections within the community.
- Demonstrated ability to launch big picture goals while also maintaining a detailed orientation.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to listen thoughtfully and cultivate deep, meaningful relationships.
Yavneh Jewish Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The school does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, veteran status, national, or ethnic origin, or any other basis prohibited by law. The school is committed to forming an inclusive, welcoming community, where all feel accepted and are treated with respect.
Compensation and benefit summary: Salary will be based on qualification and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.