Working with the Senior Director of Donor Engagement, the Development Assistant on Federation’s Financial Resource Development (FRD) team fills a key role on the Donor Engagement team in building relationships and fundraising. This position will assist in all aspects of creating, executing, and measuring our engagement opportunities (events, meetings, travel, solicitations). This administrative position will utilize the Federation database to maintain donor information, enter moves management plans, and run reports and lists. The Development Assistant must be a self-starter, able to navigate competing priorities, support multiple individuals, problem solve and interface effectively with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Works in partnership with, and in support of, the Senior Director of Donor Engagement and the Donor Engagement Team – including Women’s Philanthropy, Next Gen (formerly known as Young Leadership) and the Network
- Performs an array of administrative tasks such as managing calendars, scheduling, and coordinating meeting logistics, submitting expense reports, taking meeting notes, organizing data and lists, etc.
- Anticipates the needs of the team and works to resolve operational and administrative issues before they arise; can navigate competing priorities
Events and Meetings
- Supports all aspects of events, meetings, and missions, including registration, nametags, logistics, etc.
- Plays critical role in welcoming new attendees and assisting in event follow up
- Prepares event and meeting briefings for organizational leadership
- Oversee and manage the Donor Engagement team calendar
- Other duties as assigned
Donor Relations and Fundraising
- Communicates regularly, both written and verbally, with donors, lay leadership and community partners
- Assigned small portfolio of donors to manage, including thank you and solicitation calls and emails, and responding to inquiries
- Operates with the highest level of customer service, building efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations
- Provide support for proactive and reactive donor and prospect research that enhances fundraising and relationship-building activities
- Supports the team in donor stewardship and retention efforts
- Key user of the Federation database maintaining and updating donor information, entering interactions (contact reports), running reports and lists, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience supporting a fast-paced, high stakes, professional environment
- Strong references demonstrating prior experience and competency
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with exceptional attention to detail and time management
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines, and exhibit sound judgment. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (desktop and online), specifically Excel. Experience in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms (Blackbaud a plus) and database work. Comfortable with and open to new technology
- Commitment to the mission of The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is an equal opportunity employer offering people friendly environment, including:
- Excellent health care and retirement benefits
- Generous time off
- Hybrid work options
- Opportunities and an annual stipend for continued professional development
- Access to the JPRO Network, which connects, educates, inspires, and empowers professionals working in the Jewish nonprofit sector
Candidates should be located in or willing to relocate to the Greater Washington (DC, MD, and Northern VA) region. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement, with 3 days a week required in our headquarters.? The health and safety of our professional team and community remains a top priority, and all Federation employees are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19.????