About the Israeli-American Council:
The mission of the IAC is to build an engaged and united Israeli-American community that strengthens: the Israeli and Jewish identity of our next generations, the American Jewish community and the bond between the peoples of the United States and the State of Israel.
The IAC is seeking for an IAC Keshet Facilitator that will facilitate the sessions including planning, adjusting, connecting with parents around each session. The Keshet regional facilitator reports to the National Keshet Program Director
Duties include and are not limited to:
- lead content delivery, implementation, and quality of Keshet programs, sessions, and community events
- Present subject to children using discussions, role-playing methods in a fun and creative way that is appropriate to the age group.
- Prepare & maintain sessions materials, classroom space that helps enrich the content of the program.
- Design and enhance Keshet Israeli experiences
- Assist children individually or in small groups in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by counselors.
- Be responsible for children physical and emotional safety at all time.
- Send “take home” components and make sure family engagement opportunities are offered around sessions.
- With the community engager make sure information is shared with parents and families.
- Availability to attend Keshet staff training and bi-weekly Keshet staff meetings.
- Conduct surveys to identify programs successes and opportunities for improvements.
- Brand management – Assures that all IAC events and programs are appropriately branded within the content and design of the event.
- Enforce administration policies and rules governing program.
- Instruct and monitor participants in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Observe children performance and record relevant data to assess progress.
- Take attendance and maintain attendance records.
- Experience in youth movement or equivalent
- 2 years of related job experience in counseling groups of children is preferred.
- Experience in educational content development
- Experience in the Israeli education sector is a plus.
- Familiarity with Israeli culture and Jewish tradition.
- Natural love and ability to work and relate to young children and parents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Hebrew and English Required (Speaking, reading, writing).
- Passion regarding community building.