Congregation Or Shalom
Vernon Hills, IL
Congregation Or Shalom is an inclusive, diverse and multi-generational Reform Jewish community of 400+ member families in the North Suburbs of Chicago that respects individual expressions of belief and practice. We welcome all who embrace Judaism and offer the opportunity for meaningful spiritual, cultural and social engagement. Through shared experiences, Congregation Or Shalom fosters lasting relationships that connect us as an extended family. Our Or Shalom community is thriving, energetic, comes from all walks of life, includes a large and progressive religious school, and a dynamic professional staff that emphasizes, along with our membership, acts of Tikkun Olam. https://www.orshalomlc.org/
Or Shalom seeks a full time Executive Director with a passion for Jewish living to oversee daily synagogue operations. The Executive Director partners with our Rabbi, Cantor, Director of Education and Board of Trustees to support the mission of our Congregation and our members and the community at large. In this role, the Executive Director is responsible for managing staff, overseeing membership outreach, financial planning, implementation and record keeping, and facilities management.
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 3-4 years of experience in synagogue management, with demonstrated success in financial, operational, facilities and administrative management.
- A collaborative leadership style that encourages a team approach among staff members and promotes the ability of lay leaders and volunteers to develop leadership abilities and an active role in planning congregational activities.
- A track record of relationship and community building including helping connect both current and prospective members in meaningful ways to congregational activities and to each other.
- Experience in supervising an empowered support staff including hiring, retention, team building, training and evaluation.
- Experience in third party vendor selection and supervision and oversight of all aspects of building operations.
- Ability to maintain contracts, records, files, membership information and other delicate materials with accuracy and confidentiality.
- Excitement in sharing a vision for the future of the congregation and helping to implement that vision.
- Financial background in budgeting, forecasting, and management of fiscal affairs.
- Experience in fundraising and assisting the Board of Trustees in enhancing a culture of giving.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, database management (preferably ShulCloud), financial management software (preferably Quickbooks), social media and streaming platforms.
- Outstanding communication skills with deference to personal and sensitive matters as well as warmth, whether in difficult conversations or happy interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
The salary range for this position is $100,000 - $120,000 based on experience and qualifications. Benefits are competitive with similar URJ congregations in the Chicago metropolitan area.
Interested candidates please submit resume and a cover letter directly to [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you and sharing our vision.