Tuition Manager & Attorney at SINAI Schools
We are an established, growing and widely-respected non-profit organization based in Bergen County, NJ that operates 8 schools for children with special needs in both NJ and NYC.
You will report to the Director of Tuition and Counsel.
This a full time position, occasionally requiring evening and weekend work as necessary. A growing number of our students come to SINAI as unilateral placements under IDEA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate and work with parents and their special education lawyers and advocates;
- Review and approve educational and legal documents;
- Respond to document requests, including discovery, hearing, settlement and subpoena requests;
- Prepare SINAI staff for testimony at impartial hearings and/or IEP meetings;
- Manage and track litigation;
- Contract Management and review;
- Counsel senior management on legal-related issues;
- Counsel and advise Program Directors and educational staff on legal related special education matters;
- Review confidential financial applications and participate in financial meetings;
- Go home every day feeling like you made the world a better place.
- Demonstrated interest in Special Education Law
- Excellent organization, writing and communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Highly organized and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with Parents, Parent Attorneys and SINAI educational staff
- JD Degree, Admission to New York or New Jersey Bar
- Strong computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word; Google Drive including Google Docs, Sheets; ability to learn relevant databases
Qualified minorities and/or women are encouraged to apply; EEO.
Please send resume to [email protected]