The Digital Storyteller connects Eden Village to the rest of the world during the summer and helps prepare for the upcoming recruitment season. Communicating with current camp parents, prospective families, partner organizations, and our social media audience, you will help craft and share the story of this summer. This position is ideal for someone who is outgoing, organized, people-oriented, specializes in capturing amazing photos and videos content, savvy with social media and technology, and has an eye for visual design.
About Eden Village West
Eden Village West is a non-profit overnight camp rooted in the Jewish vision of creating a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world. We’re dedicated to providing campers with an incredible summer experience while empowering them to promote a vibrant future for themselves, their communities, and the planet.
- Live on site at Eden Village West for the 6.5 week summer season
- Ability to be flexible and go with the flow as challenges arise
- Have an eye for capturing amazing photo & video content
- Able to give direction to groups of campers & staff while capturing content
- Exceedingly organized and detail oriented
- Experience with social media platforms and social media marketing
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Help to plan out year-round social media and communications content and strategy
- Capture footage of camp, as scheduled and spontaneously, as it fits into that strategy
- Create digital content, manage camp’s social media accounts, and assist with general summer communications
Why you’ll love it!
- Experience a deep community with a vibrant staff of 75 young people from all over the world! Our community values skills sharing, spiritual growth, and inclusivity.
- You’ll enjoy three kosher, organic, locally sourced meals a day.
- We have a secret little room just for staff snacks…and a not-so-secret not-so-little FARM full of fresh off the vine snacks! We’re munching on cherry tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, cucumbers, peaches, cherries, carrots, and so much more all summer long.
- You get to hang out with goats and chickens!
- We have at least one staff fun activity every night and staff-only swim a few times a week.
- You’ll inspire kids to be more playful, kind, caring, joyful, and grateful- changing their lives and changing the world!
Dates: June 6- Aug. 4, 2022
Time Off: All staff receive one 24-hour day off per week, and around 1 hours off every day.
Base Salary: $3,000 (more DOE) + Room & Board