The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC) is a dynamic organization, guided by Jewish values and heritage, that engages our community through theater, arts, culture, youth and family programming, opportunities for social justice and volunteer work, and connections for Jews of Color, young professionals, and the LGBTQ+ communities.
To support all that the EDCJCC has to offer, we are seeking an addition to our team – a full-time Development Associate who will play a critical role in advancing the Center’s fundraising strategies and goals. A candidate with Salesforce NPSP experience is strongly preferred.
You will be joining a vibrant community center about to celebrate its Centennial anniversary. We value our diverse staff and are committed to creating a work environment where everyone feels supported and valued. You will have opportunities to work with colleagues with expertise in several different fields and engage in several aspects of institutional development work.
This is a full-time position with the opportunity to work remotely twice a week. Working hours are 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Fridays. Requires occasional in-person work on evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support executive and director level staff in implementing annual giving plans.
- Manage fundraising database (Salesforce NPSP), which includes the following tasks:
- Process all contributions in fundraising database.
- Generate donor giving, stewardship, engagement, pipeline, and mailing reports.
- Track correspondence and stewardship efforts between staff and external stakeholders.
- Generate accurate and timely acknowledgement letters/tax receipts (both manually and electronically) for all donations.
- Partner with the communications team to oversee fundraising appeals and campaigns.
- Oversee planning of several year-round stewardship events and meetings to cultivate prospective and existing stakeholders and build a more engaged community of donors.
- Play a key role in preparing and supporting staff members for successful donor meetings including preparing solicitation materials such as briefing memos, letters of inquiry, funding requests, presentation pieces, and other materials as needed.
- Use creativity and initiative to develop new cultivation and giving strategies and ideas.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Experience You Bring to the Job:
- 2+ years of fundraising experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- CRM experience (preferably Salesforce NPSP) and PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; have outstanding organizational abilities and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with colleagues, donors, lay leaders, prospects, and vendors.
- Friendly and flexible team player with a willingness to pitch in on projects and tasks.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary ($60,000) in the non-profit marketplace.
- A comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, 401k plan with employer contribution, and short and long-term disability).
- Access to DC paid family leave.
- Paid time off on all major Jewish and federal holidays.
- Access to free or highly discounted EDCJCC programs, such as Fitness Center and pool membership, language classes, theater productions, film screenings, concerts, volunteer opportunities, and more.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and to use hands and arms to operate a computer and answer phones. The employee needs to regularly use senses of sight and hearing. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and assist in the set up and break down for events.
About the Edlavitch DCJCC
Guided by Jewish values and heritage, the Edlavitch DCJCC engages individuals and families through its cultural, recreational, educational, and social justice programs by welcoming people of all backgrounds to connect, learn, serve, and be entertained together in ways that reflect the unique role of the Center in the nation’s capital. The EDCJCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to Emily Jillson, Senior Director of Institutional Advancement, [email protected]. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.