JOB TITLE: Middle School and Children Services Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of J Camps
STATUS: Full Time
Inspired by the work we do every day, the JCC is an organization centered by Jewish values and focused on creating meaningful experiences and opportunities to enrich, connect, and positively impact our community.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and welcoming workplace and celebrate the diversity of our employees.
We value all members of our team in a supportive environment in which everyone is treated with appreciation and respect and positioned to do their best work every day.
The JCC seeks a dynamic individual to be a role model and lead our middle school engagement programs for the Baltimore Jewish community. The Middle School and Children’s Program Coordinator will implement existing programs and develop new programs for children through teens while creating vital connections. This position will bring a passion for Jewish programming and summer camp, serving on our J Camps leadership team year-round and as the Director of the Middle School camp for 7th & 8th graders.
The JCC celebrates both being proudly Jewish and being an inclusive space for all. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds and actively strive to provide an open and welcoming setting, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs, or backgrounds.
COVID VACCINATION POLICY:
All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment as of November 15, 2021.
- Develop, plan and implement the following middle school programs: Middle School Leadership Council (MSLC), Jr. Maccabi, and new initiatives.
- Program implementation includes but is not limited to developing program curriculum, planning, and facilitating workshops and meetings, coordinating program logistics, programmatic budget management, recruiting and selecting participants, and communicating with teen participants and parents.
- Recruit, plan, and direct TNT summer camp for teens entering 7th and 8th grade.
- As a member of the J Camps Leadership team take on pre-camp summer responsibilities as determined by the Senior Director of J Camps.
- Organize enrichment classes for teens in 6th – 8th grades.
- Coordinate and supervise Spring and Winter Break Programs for teens.
- Hire, onboard, train and supervise middle school and teen program staff.
- Work cooperatively with the 4Front team on recruitment and creating a pipeline between Middle school programming and 4Front – the Jewish community’s teen engagement platform. Partner to run Teen Service Council.
- Work cooperatively with the Marketing Department to develop publicity for programs.
- Work cooperatively with other staff in developing interdepartmental programming.
- Participate in departmental and agency training staff meetings, supervisory conferences, committees, J Camps meetings and special events. Represents the JCC on appropriate committees and at interagency and professional conferences. This position will also participate in the Community 4Front E3 – Jewish Youth professional Development program.
- This full-time position requires the professional to work Sunday through Thursday and some evenings (Including occasional Saturday night). During the summer this position will transition to Monday through Friday. However, flexibility is necessary when supervising Teen Programming.
- The Middle School and Children’s Program Coordinator will create an equitable and inclusive environment by performing their duties with empathetic understanding towards every participant, regardless of their gender, sexuality, race, ability, or identity.
- Maintain and enforce agency policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required or directed.
- Experience recruiting and engaging middle school and teenagers.
- Demonstrated program development, implementation and creativity.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience working with teens and attending Jewish summer camp preferred.
- Familiarity with Jewish concepts and values, calendar, and practices
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, social media, and writing skills.
- Innovative and creative in developing new programming.
- A sense of empathy towards the developmental, social, and emotional needs of teens.
- Experience working cooperatively with parents, lay leaders and other agency professionals.
- Demonstrated customer service and public relations skills.
- Enthusiastic team player who can collaborate with a range of community resources and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and expand job-related knowledge.
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to spend time sitting and using a computer, laptop or phone. The employee may also be required to frequently be on their feet for periods of time.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment may be fast paced and requires high energy and interaction with others. The workspace may be noisy, at times. During the summer, the employee will be required to work outside.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary Range - $45,000 - $50,000
Benefit & Perks: The JCC offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous time off, paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) employer match, FSA/HSA options, life insurance, long term disability, complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center, discounts on programs including preschool and summer camp, and wellbeing programming.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management, as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our Jewish values, we are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law. We welcome everyone interested in our mission to join us. If you require accommodations, please contact us and we will make every effort to meet your needs.