ChaiVillageLA (CVLA) is a part of the larger nationwide Village Movement. CVLA serves the congregants of Temple Isaiah and Temple Emanuel. The village enables older congregants to live productive and engaged lives. Village members provide each other with educational and social programming and caring services such as check-in calls and visits, rides to events or appointments, small errands and technology assistance. The village is self-governing and its activities are facilitated by our full-time Executive Director.
ChaiVillage LA is a vibrant, growing community. We are seeking a candidate who brings strong technical and administrative skills to support our village. The ideal candidate's skillset includes advanced database and office systems experience and a desire for member engagement. As a small organization, this is a hands on position with daily administrative tasks and member support.
- Maintain the member and operations database including adding new members to ClubExpress and Constant Contact, generate thank you letters, extract member data as needed for general use and for special events including Annual Campaign; create mail merges in support of various programs; generate reports as needed by Executive Director.
- Maintain website including updating online events calendar and provide each temple with updated calendar information including links to events.
- Provide tech support for various committees, regular events and Special Events.
- Create weekly e-newsletter and "Event Updates" on alternate weeks in conjunction with member guidance.
- Create and send system wide emails in support of programming including events and care needs.
- Set up Mealtrains and monitor participation and need.
- Support Executive Director with technical needs.
- Staff online and in-person programs, coordinate logistics (refreshments, volunteers, facilities).
- Maintain online events calendar and inform both temples of village program schedule.
- Schedule ChaiVillageLA events in coordination with temple staff and temple calendars.
- Support Committee members by updating and providing needed information such as birthdays.
Member Support/Customer Service
- Respond to member inquiries within 24 hours.
- Oversee member onboarding process, including Member Orientation/Training workshops.
- Staff committee meetings and record minutes and distribute within a week.
- Provide phone and in-person basic technical support to members.
- Schedule meetings
- Prepare service provider agreements, check requests and donation acknowledgements.
- Data tracking and database maintenance (for example website and Google Drive).
- Recommend system improvements.
- ...and other duties requested by the Executive Director.
- Compassionate, patient with genuine interest in older adult population.
- Ability to multitask while remaining organized and efficient.
- Strong computer skills using Zoom, MS Office (especially Excel and Word), databases and email marketing tools (preferably Constant Contact).
- Willingness to acquire new skills.
- Sense of humor.
- Ability to work some evenings for special events.
Compensation, Benefits & Hours:
Full time (non-exempt: includes some evening hours with adjustments made in weekly schedule if working events.
$21-$24/hour commensurate with experience.
Employee benefits include health insurance, dental and vision insurance, time off for Jewish and secular holidays, vacation and sick time.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Send cover letter and resume to: Jeanette Macht, Executive Director, ChaiVillageLA ([email protected]). Please put JOB OPENING in the subject line.