The Greater Miami Jewish Federation is the heart of the Miami Jewish community, convening community members who envision, plan, and raise funds for a strong and vibrant Jewish future. Federation mobilizes human and financial resources to care for those in need, strengthen Jewish life, and advance the unity, values and shared purpose of the Jewish people.
- Interpersonal skills: Excellent people skills needed to communicate with volunteers, major donors and staff, in person and by telephone.
- Ability to deal with sensitive material discreetly and confidentially
- Computer proficiency: Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and the demonstrated ability to learn and use other programs as needed. Experience with mail merges. Competency with Blackbaud CRM or other database programs a plus.
- Planning/organizing: ability to plan work activities and uses time efficiently. Requires excellent organization of own work and the ability to help organize the work of others. Continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages multiple and competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability: the individual is consistently on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Written and oral communication: command of the English language, including written and oral communication skills; professional telephone manner. Bilingual a plus. Speedwriting and dictation a plus.
- Self-motivated – able to operate without constant supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish culture a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities (included but not limited to)
- Maintain calendar, coordinate meetings with department staff, committees and lay leaders. Make and coordinate all travel arrangements.
- Draft and track written correspondence and placement of programs/meetings on the various calendars.
- Assist with planning, implementation and follow-up of programs, including: room reservation, placement of event on calendars, confirmation with attendees, ordering food, preparation of name tags and name tents and other materials as needed, preparation of sign-in sheet, updating master attendance list, and any other duties that may be needed.
- Record and distribute minutes at various committee meetings.
- Data entry of program information into Fundraising Software.
- Create reports from Fundraising Software as needed.
- Utilize computer for various applications, including running reports and mail merges.
- Assist in scheduling and planning of meetings.
- Register guests and attend to other tasks at off-site Federation meetings.
- Support other members of the department as needed.
- Type correspondence.
- Screen telephone calls, take messages, provide information.
- Periodically relieve receptionist during one-hour lunch breaks and other breaks.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred; four or more years of experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please indicate your interest in the position by sending a resume and cover letter.