The Hebrew School Project (HSP) Operations Manager is responsible for supporting dynamic and experiential educational opportunities for Pre-K-12th grade learners at JCP Downtown.
The Jewish Community Project (JCP) of Lower Manhattan, Inc. was founded in 2002 as a grassroots effort to grow Jewish life in downtown NYC. Based in Tribeca, JCP is an open and organic Jewish community that enables individuals and families to become a creative force in the life of the organization, and through educational, cultural, social, and spiritual experiences. The organization now serves approximately 700 downtown families and individuals, and also operates prominent early childhood and Hebrew school programs. For more information about JCP, visit our website, www.jcpdowntown.org.
The JCP Downtown Hebrew School Project provides educational opportunities for approximately 180 learners on a weekly and monthly basis. HSP aims to inspire children to explore and develop their Jewish identity and connection to Jewish community through a joyful and experiential approach to learning. Learners in Kindergarten through 7th grade attend our weekly Hebrew School Project (HSP) and B’nai Mitzvah program, and learners in 8th through 12th grade attend our monthly HSP program. We also provide a variety of Shabbat, holiday, and social opportunities outside of class for children to share Jewish experiences with peers.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
Day-to-day/weekly responsibilities include:
- Database management of information (registration, class lists, attendance records, allergy information, family contact information, emergency information)
- Manage ordering, inventory, and distribution of classroom supplies and snacks; review curriculum and lesson plans on a regular basis to ensure we have what teachers need
- Order dinner for our middle school and high school programs
- Liaise with the financial team on supply purchasing and invoices
- Liaise with facilities teams on set up needs for school and programs
- Maintain calendar for internal cross-departmental needs
- Work with HSP Director to organize logistics of which classes take place in which rooms, where supplies need to be, and setting up & managing Zoom meetings as needed for virtual learning and/or events
- Assist with writing and sending out emails to individual classes and to the school
- Liaise with Executive Assistant to set up and maintain JCP Gmail and Zoom accounts for all staff
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with parents, students, teachers and guests about programming, registration, and student forms
- Maintain school Remini account (app that we use for taking attendance, collecting COVID health questionnaires, and sharing photos and updates with families)
- Provide teacher and student support during school hours including first aid, classroom management support, and potentially field trip supervision
Periodic responsibilities include:
- Collaborate on the planning, publicity, and implementation of activities such as:
- High Holiday programming for youth
- Shabbat and holiday experiences for youth (Purim Shpiel, Purim Carnival, Sukkot, Hanukkah, etc.)
Other tasks and projects may be assigned by the HSP Director as needed. This position reports directly to the HSP Director and requires independent work skills. This position will work in collaboration with other program staff, as well.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working with elementary through high school students, their parents, community volunteers, and organizational colleagues.
- Be proficient in G Suite (Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, etc.), Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, and WordPress.
- Have some degree of Hebrew language knowledge and Jewish literacy.
- Have strong social media and communication technology experience.
- Have exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Be a kind, creative, and flexible individual who values Jewish pluralism.
- Be willing to work with a team and in a team environment.
- Be available for full-time work 40 hours/weekly, including evening hours on HSP days, and occasional weekend hours for Shabbat/holiday/youth programming.
- Be available to work without visa support.
- Be available to start as soon as July 11, 2022.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please write “Operations Manager” in the subject line. In the cover letter, please explain why you would be a great fit for this role. Salary will be commensurate with experience, $40,000-$55,000 annually. JCP also offers a comprehensive benefit package.