Central Florida Hillel
Central Florida Hillel is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented professional with exceptional communications skills and strong initiative to serve as our Operations Manager. The Manager will provide support to the Executive Director and will be responsible for the organization’s day-to-day operations. The Manager will be an essential member of the Hillel professional team and will play an active role in team meetings and organizational planning and decision-making.
What You’ll Do
• Serve as liaison with external bookkeeping/accounting firm, performing local financial responsibilities including processing check requests, and reimbursements.
• Assist with review of existing policies and development of new policies (e.g. operations manual, facility reservations, and security)
• Support data management of student records
• Oversee general office and building upkeep, ensuring all spaces are well maintained
• Coordinate and communicate with vendors, including custodial and maintenance
• Oversee space usage including reservations, rentals, and room set-up for programs and activities, as well as parking lot
• Facilitate coordination with Kosher Café for weekly meals as well as holiday meals
• Maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies
• Manage inventory of promotional materials
• Provide occasional operational support at student programs, including Shabbat and holiday gatherings on evenings and/or weekends (averaging once or twice per month).
• Recruit, train, and supervise a team of student office assistants
• Provide IT oversight, working with third party IT company, to ensure all office systems are operating efficiently
• Assist the program team with various tasks related to Hillel programming such as reserving space, ordering supplies, and collecting RSVP’s
What You’ll Bring to the Job
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in an administrative, operations or office manager role.
• Outstanding organizational skills; should enjoy developing systems, organizing documents, creating, and implementing systematic workflows.
• Exemplary time management skills, including the capacity to juggle competing priorities and deadlines, and to remain flexible within an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to follow complex instructions and quickly learn new procedures and systems.
• Knowledge of essential computer software programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and the agility and resourcefulness to learn new technologies.
• Impeccable discretion and appreciation of confidentiality.
• Inclination to take the initiative.
What You’ll Receive
• Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $50,000 - $55,000
• A comprehensive benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
• Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
• Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel
• Plenty of Hillel swag
About Central Florida Hillel
Central Florida Hillel serves as the center for Jewish life on campus at UCF, Full Sail, Valencia and Seminole State. Based right off UCF's main campus, the Jeffery and Diane Ginsburg Center for Jewish Student Life houses an amazing space Jewish students can call home. Orlando, the vacation capital of the world also is home UCF, the second largest university in America, as well as the third largest Jewish student body in the country.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Central Florida Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.