Congregation Beth El Office Assistant
Congregation Beth El is a Conservative synagogue whose mission is to create a home for every soul by offering a variety of Jewish experiences to nourish the mind, heart, and spirit while being a caring Jewish community.
We seek an Office Assistant who will work under the supervision of the Director of Administration to manage the daily administration of the Synagogue.
The Office Assistant will:
- Assist in administrative functions and serve as support for various departments within the synagogue.
- Serve as Receptionist which includes greeting, directing outside vendors, answering and screening calls for staff.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Update and edit the synagogue calendar.
- Create new member accounts and answer questions.
- Manage and maintain office supplies.
- Support Rabbinic office administration.
- Other assignments as directed by the Director of Administration.
The successful candidate is a personable and experienced team player who is interested in supporting our vibrant, welcoming, and growing congregation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or relevant experience in organizational advancement
- Self-starter; able to work independently, strong project management skills
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Appropriate computer skills for administrative functions
- Positive attitude, approachable, functions with clarity, transparency, and integrity.
- Able to build and sustain relationships with diverse constituencies.
- Have a passion for synagogue member engagement.
- Flexible availability including weekends and evenings.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Open, innovative, and calm demeanor in quick decision-making moments.
- Must enjoy working with people, establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, and thrive working across a broad range of constituencies.
- Familiarity with Jewish rituals, holidays, and life-cycle traditions.
Hourly Rate Range for Office Assistant: $20.00 - $25.00
The position is part-time, 30 hours a week. This position is not a remote position.
Please email cover letter, resume, and requested salary to:
Jason Lobenstein, Director of Administration at [email protected]