?Major Gifts Officer
?Schoke JFS is looking to hire a Major Gifts Officer as part of our strategic initiative to grow our annual fundraising by $1M annually over the next several years. Schoke JFS’ MGO is a full-time exempt position and will develop and manage a pipeline of major gift donors and prospects through the identification of prospects, stewardship, and solicitation of donors.
As an integral member of a the Development Department, MGO may be called on to assist in the assessment and execution of the agency’s fundraising goals, including annual campaigns, revenue generation around all organizational events, researching/prospecting new fundraising opportunities, and supporting other development activities as required.
Reporting to Chief Advancement Officer, responsibilities include but are not limited to:?
- Manage a portfolio of major donors and prospects within the catchment area, ensuring timely, appropriate, and meaningful donor engagement and solicitation.
- Build a pipeline of donors who have potential to give larger gifts.
- Represent the agency in the communities we serve and engage with donor prospects directly
- Oversee major donor cultivation and stewardship activities/events.
- Accurately update and maintain major donor/prospect information and activity in donor database system.
- Collaborate with President/CEO, Director of Marketing, Director of Development and Chief Advancement Officer to draft articles, reports, letters and emails to our donor list related to acquisition, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation activities.
- Support Schoke JFS leadership and board in soliciting significant gifts, including creating background documentation, compelling asks, and follow-up plans
- Contribute to development team by attending meetings, supporting colleagues, collaborating on projects, and sharing information, as time permits, as assigned or as appropriate.
- Fundraising. Proven ability to secure gifts of $5,000+. 3+ years’ experience and proven success in major gift fundraising.
- Relationship-Building. Skilled in relationship development with donors, prospects, lay leaders, community organizations, volunteers and colleagues. Ability to identify and cultivate new prospects.
- Data & Project Management. Knowledge of and experience with a CRM database, (Salsa preferred). Highly organized, detail-oriented, and strategic in project management, prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Schoke JFS. Understanding of agency programs and services, and appreciation of Jewish social and human services and willingness to learn about it.
- Communication. Ability to articulate and execute a vision for the growth and success of the organization. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to utilize different forms of relevant communication
- Minimum of five years of nonprofit fundraising experience, including frontline fundraising, preferably at Jewish, human services, or similar organizations
- Exempt position will require availability on some nights and weekends with advance notice and based on the needs of contacts, prospects, agency, events and/or community
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Professional with an entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to work well with diverse clientele
- Ability to plan, multi-task, manage workflow and produce under the pressure of deadlines and unexpected opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to work simultaneously on discrete projects and long-term goals
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle many details, focus on task completion and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and comfortable learning new applications as they pertain to this position
Salary Range: $90,000-$110,000
- 403(b) matching?
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health insurance?
- Dental insurance available?(employee contribution)
- Vision insurance available (employee contribution)
- Paid time off?
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, occasional evening and weekend work will occur.
EEO, salary based on experience, benefits provided based on eligibility.