Position: Marketing and Engagement Coordinator
The Marketing and Engagement Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director of the Temple. The Marketing and Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for the support and execution of marketing and communication needs across all departments of the Temple, including events, Shabbat and Holidays, Bereavements, and the Religious School.
They will engage our membership through social media, help the team develop communication strategies to engage with different populations, and assist with our engagement and recruitment of new members.
The Marketing and Engagement Coordinator will be professional, courteous, attentive, and detail-oriented with effective communication skills necessary to bring people together to achieve goals. Proficiency or ability to learn marketing software is critical for this role.
- Create and manage a marketing calendar, and coordinate with various colleagues to ensure that all communications are going out in a timely manner.
- Support both the organization’s website and other online platforms and other social media, refining and updating materials.
- Make a social media calendar for each month, identifying and executing opportunities for engaging stories and content.
- Create Instagram stories, Facebook events, even TikToks- use your creativity to enhance our social media presence.
- Create and manage production and publication process for newsletters, media screens, event emails, bereavement emails, social media channels, etc.
- Create weekly Shabbat and holiday materials.
- Create Good and Welfare and Upcoming Events announcements for Board Meetings.
- Manage media relations, including writing and distributing press released and cultivating relations with local media outlets.
- Assist with the writing, editing, and production of communications for the temple, including letters, marketing materials, new member bag materials, other promotional pieces such as t-shirts, etc.
- Basic graphic design and production of visuals, such as flyers, slide decks, etc, using Canva or other tools.
- Oversee brand consistency across all publications and divisions both internal and external.
- Writing and/or editing articles, eblasts, web content, etc.
- Help us enhance our photo use and library, by organizing and cataloguing photos we already have, and identifying opportunities to capture new photos.
- Work with colleagues and constituents on special projects to brainstorm, identify opportunities, and problem solve.
- Basic Video editing and/or creating as needed, including posting the Rabbi’s sermons and other content (training available if needed).
- Collaborate with our marketing firm for special projects.
- Support events by engaging with social media in real time during programs, assisting at the check in table, meeting and greeting, and taking photos. (Weekly work schedule will be adjusted accordingly.)
- Assist with our engagement and outreach efforts, including record keeping of new members activity, creating subgroups for targeted engagement, etc.
- Cover for other colleagues when they are absent
- Be a collaborator and thought partner. Be willing to “jump in” as needed, particularly during transitions and the high holy day season.
- Assist with answering phones as needed and providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills a must
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task in an exceptionally busy environment
- Excellent written, oral, and proofreading skills
- Pro-active and energetic; ability to work on own with minimal daily supervision
- Team player with "customer service" mentality and ability to work with many people and personalities
- A do-whatever-it-takes attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Constant Contact, Canva and Powerpoint
- 1+ years marketing or administrative experience
- Bachelor's degree