About Ramah Day Camp in Chicagoland:
Ramah provides children and adults with transformative experiences of vibrant Jewish life driven by the joy of summer camp. Ramah fulfills this mission for the Midwest Jewish community through Camp Ramah in Wisconsin (located in Conover, Wisconsin) and Ramah Day Camp (in Wheeling, Illinois).
Ramah Day Camp in Wheeling, Illinois, is a warm and nurturing environment where kids come to make great friends, grow socially, learn Jewish values and most importantly – to have fun. Campers entering pre-kindergarten through ninth grade enjoy sports, swimming, music, cookouts, arts & crafts and more.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning (along with Assistant Director) coordinating all camp scheduling and implementing all programming aspects of Ramah Day Camp during the summer.
Pre-summer work (in collaboration with Director and Assistant Director) to include the following*
- Collaborating to create the daily schedule for each eidah (age group)
- Planning summer calendar, including special themed-days throughout the summer
- Developing campwide programming for yamim meyuchadim (8 special days throughout the summer, typically Wednesdays)
- Onboard Roshei Anaf (head specialty staff) to prepare for summer
*Involvement and hours to be set by Program Coordinator and agreed upon by Director and Program Coordinator.
Summer work to include overseeing all programmatic aspects of camp including managing the anafim (specialty areas) and supervising the Roshei Anaf:
- Ensure the activity programs are age-appropriate.
- Manage logistics of daily camp life – supplies, scheduling, places, etc.
- Execute all themed days and yamim meyuchadim (special days)
- Check in with all Roshei Anaf (specialty staff members) several times daily during the summer.
- Work together with the head staff and office manager to ensure all necessary supplies are obtained
- Run regular specialty staff meetings to ensure coordination between all camp programmatic areas
- Cover, or find coverage if any specialty staff are absent.
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership Team, including daily morning and afternoon meetings