Under the supervision of the Director of Engagement and Programing, the Engagement and Programing Associate is responsible for a variety of administrative and programming tasks. Duties of the Engagement and Programing Associate include tasks involving membership, engagement and planning and other projects as needed duties associated with E&P operations. The ideal candidate is passionate and enthusiastic about building congregant relationships. They strive to provide exemplary service to staff and congregants alike, while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy, timeliness, and compliance.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, which include the following:
- MEMBER ENGAGEMENT:
- Engage with members and guests on a daily basis to create a welcoming community environment.
- Provide information regarding Temple Beth El membership, policies and procedures, program events and classes, current and upcoming activities.
- Answer incoming calls and route calls using proper phone etiquette.
- Process financial transactions (i.e. program or event enrollment, donations, etc.)
- Assist new members in completing membership applications and other requested forms.
- Utilize membership database and tracking as needed.
- Conduct temple tours as needed.
- PROGRAM MANAGEMENT:
- Maintain programmatic archives to include all notes, members who were engaged with the program, and any information that could be relevant for future events.
- Maintain program data in membership database and other areas as required.
- Manage RSVPs and registrations both via phone and on line, including processing and verifying payments.
- Coordinate small dinner logistics including: venues, catering, publicity, speakers, staffing, vendors, program content, day of event (set up / program flow / breakdown).
- Manage various contracts associated with each event, ensure that any third-party vendors (such as florists, entertainers, decorators, etc.) are properly insured and provide the requisite Certificates of Insurance to the Temple prior to the date of the event.
- Manage Clergy Connections including: invitations and RSVPs for each event, coordinate with the clergy department for clergy assignments, follow up communication following each event
- Schedule events on the Temple Calendar in a timely manner with complete room reservations and ensures staff is informed of all room set-ups.
- Work with other staff members on interdepartmental projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain adherence to all Temple Beth El policies that all assigned duties and responsibilities are met;
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor;
- Demonstrate ability to plan and organize projects
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to work occasionally on nights and weekends is a requirement;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including but not limited to interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem solving, and attention to detail;
- Extremely detail oriented and well organized;
- Strong organizational, problem---solving, and analytical skills;
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and with a team;
- Ability to work with and around children in a kind and caring manner;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy; manage priorities and workflow;
- Knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to use Canva is preferred;
- Ability to multi-task, meet pressing deadlines, pivot and anticipate needs;
- Ability to maintain composure and exercise good judgment even under pressure;
- Ability to utilize software and work with databases; some experience preferred;
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree or B.A. degree;
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and Jewish customs;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, business correspondence, government regulations and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with members and employees of the organization. Strong service-related people skills and problem-solving skills as this position has significant responsibility in representing the Temple.
Some travel may be required between Temple Beth El campuses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. This role is faced with constant interaction with staff, members & vendors and the successful candidate must have the ability to multi-task. No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and scanners.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting at our Schaefer Family Campus. This role must endure extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer, which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. This position is sometimes faced with interruptions and must interact with children and other staff on a regular basis. Noise level, toys on the floor and clutter will be as are normal to childcare environments.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the organization reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.