GENERAL DUTIES AND STRUCTURE
The primary responsibility of the Beth Emeth Religious School (RS) Logistics Director is to manage the day-to-day operations of a school focused on providing our children the essential tools and inspiration to live their lives as Conservative Jews. The school is updating its educational model based on recommendations from a task force (made up of parents, educators, and the Rabbi) with a community-focused curriculum offering instruction in Hebrew prayer and ritual, Jewish history and cultural heritage, Torah studies, and Jewish beliefs and ethics; Israel, current events relating to Israel and Judaism. The logistics director position is designed to implement key elements of the new model.
HOURS: 20 hours a week
Creation of a positive school climate and the administration and supervision of the school. Operationally, the RS Logistics Director reports to the Interim Executive Director. The Rabbi provides advice and guidance in the educational activities of the Congregation. The Vice President for Education is the lay leader who oversees the school's policies, procedures, and budgetary issues. The RS Logistics Director will work closely with the Engagement and YouthvDirector on developing and implementing programming for students and their families.
- Responsible for communications with parents and families, synagogue staff, lay leadership, and the congregation.
- Responsible for oversight and budget planning in consultation with the appropriate committees.
- Responsible for recruiting substitute teachers, building a list of potential teachers, and contacting individuals when a substitute is needed.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating (as needed) the Religious School calendar and coordinating physical plans for all Religious School classes and activities.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Engagement & Youth Director to support schedule, plan, and execute instruction programs, including Shabbat/Yom Tov, B’Yachad, and other Family Programming.
MANAGEMENT OF EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- Develop and implement a system for approving and tracking service hours for Chai School students (8-10 grade).
- Work with parents and other community members to coordinate engagement in Religious School lessons.
- Create and maintain a listing of age-appropriate opportunities for experiential learning, including field trips, guest speakers, and other activities.
- In coordination with the Rabbi, other appropriate staff, and community members, develop, coordinate, and introduce curriculum-based art education by grade level.
- Responsible for oversight of the B’nai Mitzvah program of instruction.
- Coordinates with Rabbi to oversee religious services for elementary school-aged children for Shabbat, High Holidays, and Festivals.
Bachelor’s degree and experience in Jewish education and administration, working with children, or other relevant experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]