Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high level administrative and organizational support to the Chief Executive Officer. As an integral part of the OCEO team, he/she serves as the CEO’s gatekeeper and will ensure that the office operations run smoothly and efficiently. He/she will handle all administrative duties, which include handling all travel arrangements, setting up meetings internally and externally across the globe, managing meeting preparations and organization of background materials, processing expense reports, drafting thank you letters and other executive correspondence, and managing the CEO’s active calendar and daily call and task list.
This role requires someone with extraordinary organizational and administrative skills, as well as extraordinary written and oral communication skills. He/she must be flexible and agile and must have experience in a fast-paced environment, be able to handle a heavy volume of daily tasks and manage a very busy, rapidly evolving schedule with significant travel. He/she must have a sharp eye for details and the ability to adapt and adjust quickly.
The Executive Assistant does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- General office duties include managing all incoming correspondence, scheduling appointments and coordinating meetings, managing and maintaining the CEO’s travel calendar, electronic organizing of documents, tracking CEO communications and recording details into the database.
- Screen and manage emails, visitors and callers and act as a gatekeeper to the CEO, in order to ensure efficient use of his time.
- Keep organized task and call list for CEO and ensure timely completion of each.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him organized, on schedule, and well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up when appropriate.
- Work closely with OCEO and senior management to coordinate flow of information for CEO.
- Manage special projects as assigned by CEO and OCEO team.
- Reach out to and work with colleagues in advance of meetings (internally or externally) to prepare briefing and background materials, agendas, contact lists, biographies, etc.
- Interact with senior level governmental leaders, donors, senior staff members, and lay leaders in a professional and platinum-service oriented manner, in person, by phone/video, and in writing.
- Get to know key internal and external stakeholders in order to be the first point of contact for OCEO.
- Track requests from internal stakeholders and work closely with OCEO team to ensure that responses are provided in a timely manner.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas for the CEO; and compile documents and research for travel-related meetings (both domestic and international).
- Compose correspondence, including thank you letters.
- Draft and design general correspondence, reports, charts, spreadsheets and tables, as needed.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information, e-mails, phone messages, and incoming and outgoing mail.
- Schedule and organize appointments/meetings; keep track of follow up; prepare agendas and materials; set up video meetings, conference calls, or in person meetings.
- Access information from Raiser’s Edge, our database, for the CEO and record appropriate actions and notes in Raiser’s Edge.
- Process expense reports on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three years of relevant experience in fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, as well as respect for and strict adherence to confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Workplace and Outlook
- Ability to easily learn to new programs
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards and discretion
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Willingness to attend meetings and work outside of standard working hours
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - 10 vacation days per year, that increases with continued employment
- Paid Holidays (many Federal and major Jewish Holidays)
- Hybrid work schedule
- 403(b) participation, after one year of employment
- Transit plan
The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $75,000, depending on relevant experience.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/s1sp1aza0bkotns/