About Eden Village
Eden Village camp is a non-profit overnight camp rooted in the Jewish vision of creating a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world. We’re dedicated to providing campers with an incredible summer experience while empowering them to promote a vibrant future for themselves, their communities, and the planet. The Eden Village Camp experience includes organic farming, culinary arts, outdoor adventure, wilderness skills, herbalism, DIY projects, art, music, vibrant Jewish ritual and culture, and more. Rooted in a culture of radical kindness, each camper develops leadership skills, explores new passions, and awakens their sense of positive Jewish identity, purpose, and joy.
The Program Coordinator will work year round with the program team to plan and implement Eden Village’s summer program. During the year this position focuses on program planning and staff recruitment and hiring. During the summer the Program Coordinator supervises our specialist educators and implements all camp programming.
- Work with the program team throughout the year to plan and implement our summer camp program, curriculum, and schedules
- Plan and coordinate logistics of large all camp programs and activities including field trips
- Collaborate on staff training planning and facilitation
- Supervise the specialist team of about 18 staff during the summer to implement camp programming in our core education areas of arts and crafts, wilderness survival, music, culinary arts, and herbalism
- Manage all program materials and procurement for summer camp programming
- Work with Assistant Director to manage and coordinate summer staff hiring process including staff recruitment, staff interviews, timely communication with all applicants and hired staff, and managing staff forms and onboarding process
- Plan and manage summer staff fun and programming
- Coordinate and run in-person events across the East Coast during the year; Serve as the primary staff member for all in-person events during the non-Summer season
- Support year-round communication, including social media and writing
- Ability to organize schedules and logistics in a clear and concise way and bring detailed program plans to life
- Clear communication and ability to supervise post-college adults; demonstrated ability to communicate cleanly, compassionately, and effectively with the staff you supervise
- Ability to problem-solve and step into many different roles as needed
- Ability to sustain long and dynamic days for the summer camp season (~10 weeks)
- Ability to manage timelines, schedules, budgets, and project management administrative tasks
- High levels of curiosity and the desire to take initiative to learn new things
- Capacity to make Eden Village Camp a warm and inviting place to be
- Previous experience supervising staff is preferred
- Previous experiences in a camp, school or similar environment is preferred
- Position can be remote on the East Coast during the non-summer season, with a strong preference for working in person in Philadelphia or Boston, or at our camp site in Putnam Valley, NY (housing is available year-round at the camp site)
- This position must be in residence at Camp in Putnam Valley, NY from mid May to late August
- Occasional weekend and evening events during the year
Hiring Process & Timeline
- Applications will be reviewed as received.
- We hope for the new Program Coordinator to start in the role by January 15th, 2024. If you would require a different start date, please indicate so in your cover letter.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a short, informal cover letter at edenvillagecamp.org/jobs. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
In your cover letter, tell us why Eden Village of all places is interesting to you, your experience, and share about your passions. The cover letter should be informal. We will also accept video cover letters, if that’s more your thing.
At Eden Village Camp, we know that diversity supports resilience. On our farm, in our gardens, and throughout the natural world, diversity is what allows every living thing to thrive. Eden Village Camp approaches all that we do, including hiring, with this mindset.
Eden Village Camp recognizes the internal and external biases that often prevent or delay candidates holding marginalized identities from applying for positions. We deeply value the insight, perspective & experience brought by people from diverse backgrounds, including Black, Indigenous, Latine and Asian people; LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people; people with disabilities; Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
We encourage all who are interested in making the magic of Eden Village come to life to apply.