About Jewish National Fund-USA
Jewish National Fund-USA (JNF-USA) is the leading philanthropic organization for the land and people of Israel. Driven by a powerful 120 year legacy of changing lives and livelihoods, JNF-USA is a partner (donor) led, independent 501 (c)(3) non-profit that’s attracting 800,000 new residents to Israel’s Negev Desert and Galilee through its visionary One Billion Dollar Roadmap for the Next Decade.
JNF-USA is creating a brighter future for residents living on Israel’s frontier as it builds parks, playgrounds, medical centers, schools, resilience centers, bomb shelters, and so much more. In addition, JNF-USA’s supports people with disabilities; brings farmers from developing nations to Israel to learn about sustainable agriculture; and makes philanthropic investments in agricultural and water R&D. In fact, thanks to Jewish National Fund-USA, Israel has become the global leader in water recycling. Jewish National Fund-USA is also changing the narrative on university campuses through its work with college student leaders and professors beyond the Jewish faith through its Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission to Israel and Faculty Fellowship Program in Israel and Alexander Muss High School semester abroad program.
If working for an organization that supports the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere excites you, then join us and you needn’t wait another minute to change the world.
JNF seeks an Associate Director, Northern California to grow fundraising amongst our donors at all giving levels, with a primary focus on those giving annually up to $5,000, through building and stewarding meaningful professional relationships with existing and prospective supporters.
Your passion for the land and people of Israel will inspire your assigned donors to help the Northern California region exceed its annual fundraising goals for the number of donor gifts at various giving levels and the total dollars raised.
The ideal candidate is a "go-getter" who thrives on working both independently from a home setting and collaboratively through today’s various virtual means of communication with colleagues in the region, as well as throughout the United States and Israel. Candidates may come from a variety of backgrounds with previous roles in the private sector and/or development capacities in nonprofit organizations. Successful experience working with or serving on a Board of Directors is preferred.
This position will report into the Director, Northern California.
• Solicit annual gifts from your portfolio of existing donors and develop meaningful ongoing professional relationships with these supporters.
• Identify, connect with, solicit and steward relationships with new donor prospects.
• Recruit participants for Israel missions and delegates to JNF’s annual National Conference.
• Host Israel affiliates and arrange for them to meet with appropriate donors and donor prospects.
• Utilize JNF’s Salesforce database to manage and track donor relationships.
• Strong passion for Israel.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the Jewish community throughout Northern California.
• At least 5 years of progressive responsibility and demonstrated achievements in fundraising and/or private sector sales.
• Proven networking skills, along with the ability to inspire and build a growing community of supporters.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to serve as a compelling ambassador and advocate for JNF’s mission.
• Experience with Salesforce preferred or similar data management systems.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• Ability to speak conversational Hebrew is desirable.
At Jewish National Fund, we have:
• An incredible mission, backed by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere
• An enthralling 120-year history as one of the world’s oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
• An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we play as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
• A bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that’s creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel’s Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
• An active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization’s direction
• Days off for select Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with “3pm Fridays” during winter
• Opportunities to visit Israel
• Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
• 403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions.