Director of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Classification: Full Time/Exempt
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
The Director of Human Resources is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources function. Position works with Agency Leadership Team on talent acquisition, training, safety and delivers services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success. Develops and administers HR analytics, including metrics to guide/inform management, and advising on all other issues affecting the Agency.
- This position will be responsible for establishing key Human Resources processes throughout the Agency.
- Be a role model for the company culture.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to Leadership Team for improvement of Company's policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
- Execute an effective and competitive Total Rewards Compensation and Benefits strategy, ensuring communication is streamlined Agency wide.
- Assists Leadership Team in the annual review, preparation and administration of Company wage and salary program.
- Distribution of yearly performance evaluations.
- Ensures Agency compliance in FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, I-9 compliance, etc.
- Inputs all I-9’s into E-Verify.
- Ensures compliance of Level 2 background check and drug test for all employees and volunteers.
- Conduct market wage analysis annually and as needed and provide recommendations to ensure internal equity and competitive compensation opportunities.
- Develop, prepare, generate, and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including but not limited to issues such as benefit costs, absenteeism, compensation, etc. Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store, and analyze pertinent data and information.
- Manage HR Finances.
- Provides expert guidance, facilitation, and collaboration for hiring managers to recruit, identify, select, onboard, and retain highly skilled and diverse candidates.
- Identifies key performance metrics and data to ensure success and analyze effectiveness of effort.
- Establishes reporting methodology to continuously communicate status of recruiting efforts.
- Develop Vacation Policy.
- Create online system for onboarding.
- Files EEO-1 report annually.
- Generate turnover report and conduct exit interview and provide recommendations based on analysis.
- Co-facilitate the Safety, Protection & Wellness Committee.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensures all staff is either fully vaccinated or is tested weekly. A copy of the vaccination card must be scanned and kept on file.
- Maintains supply level of products needed for prevention of COVID contamination for all departments.
- Stays up to date on CDC recommendations.
- Tracks all COVID cases for employees.
- Communicates the results of COVID tests for those employees who are tested weekly.
- Manages requests for accommodations.
- Processes payrolls during summer months for Camp.
HR Policies and Practices:
- Develop HR policies and SOPs that are compliant with applicable laws and regulations. Communicate and manage change as SOPs are implemented across the Agency.
- Ensure Employee Handbook is up to date with all local, state, and federal laws.
- Ensure Agency has a strong culture of fairness and openness, including an effective “Open Door Policy.”
- Establish a competitive total rewards strategy and execute.
- Facilitate Annual Open Enrollment with assistance of Brokers.
- Pay monthly invoices for all carriers including Medical, Dental, Short-Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, GAP and Voluntary Products.
- Prepare check requests for 403(b) employee contributions on a bi-weekly basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, and personnel information systems.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules that apply to job (e.g., OSHA, EPA, ADA).
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services, or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
- Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the Agency.
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- Member Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive member relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address members' needs.
- High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Problem Solving / Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities, using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
- Facilitates annual harassment prevention and bullying training for all staff.
Education and/or Experience
4-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major required.
5-7 years of Human Resources experience.
PHR/SPHR is a plus.