The Director of Development Operations ensures that key fundraising functions, from database management to donor relations, are executed with excellence and efficiency, and serves as the strategist driving ongoing improvement in the day-to-day operations of the Development Department. The Director of Development Operations will report to the Vice President of Development.
The position will be filled at an exciting time for the Federation and its development operations, and a new strategic plan leads to new investments in data management and metrics. The integration of the Annual Campaign and Foundation and the creation of a new Center for Philanthropic Impact will provide a new suite of services to our donors. The position works closely with key department stakeholders that includes Development, Finance, IT, Marketing and Planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Financial Resource Development (FRD) Operations and Management
- Ensure that all development systems and functions support the effective execution of the Federation’s annual campaign, direct mail and social media campaigns, major gift solicitations, missions, affinity groups, fundraising events, and special campaigns as well as Federation’s Foundation which manages 1400 endowments and Donor Advised Funds and has approximately $335 million under management.
- Supervise a team of employees who are responsible for Development Operations including research, database management, analysis and reporting, and donor services.
- Play a central role in the full integration of the Foundation and Development departments operations to proceed over the course of 2022-23.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Development and Chief Development Officer, Vice President of Development, and other colleagues on drafting an annual development calendar, on annual and quarterly budget planning and projections, and the implementation of annual and quarterly marketing objectives.
- Oversee reporting functions including the donor recognition, Annual Report preparation, Grinspoon Life & Legacy, United Way Campaign, and other reporting to ensure accuracy.
- Build the department’s robust analytical and prospect research capabilities in service to the grown of the Foundation, annual campaign, and major gift solicitations.
- Help design and implement department wide performance measurement tools.
- May serve as the lead for special projects related to Development Operations.
Database Management and Donor Relations
- Streamlines while ensuring the accuracy of database-related donor communications, including but not limited to billings, tax letters and acknowledgement letters.
- Ensures exceptional donor relations.QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that Federation’s commitments to its donors and the programs or projects they fund are fully accomplished.
- Plays a central role in the acquisition and implementation of a new CRM, troubleshooting issues related to database use and integration, ensuring its integrity, and guiding the team in new processes that streamline business operations
- Identifies and schedules staff training to continually improve and expand the use of the database.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors.
- Must be able to work well independently and as a team player.
- Superior emotional intelligence and an aptitude for building strong relationships.
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to successfully lead and initiate/manage cross-functional teams.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with keen focus on timely and accurate results
- Serves as a coach while managing direct reports to ensure strategic initiatives are met.
- Strong understanding of CRM database abilities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with Project Management principles.
- Strong knowledge of online web conferencing platforms Teams, Zoom, WebEx.
EDUCATION, TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree: relevant commensurate experience will be considered.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Understanding of CRM databases such as Salesforce, Razors Edge, Microsoft Dynamics.
- Seven-plus years of proven success in management or leadership role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel strongly preferred.
- This role requires frequent travel by automobile with the availability for additional hours including nights and weekends at organization sponsored events.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- May be required to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Local travel maybe required for Federation events.
- A valid PA Driver's license must be maintained during employment.
This job announcement is not designed to cover all responsibilities, duties or activities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change. New duties may be assigned at any time with or without notice in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.
This position has a competitive salary of $ 70,000 to $90,000 to commensurate with experience. The Federation offers a competitive benefits package when compared to other non-profits in the region.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to [email protected].
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, The Federation has a policy of non-discrimination and is fully committed to the principles of equality in employment and opportunity for all employees. The Federation also expects all employees to adhere to these principles. All personnel actions, including but not limited to recruitment and hiring, working conditions, benefits and compensation, training, performance appraisals, promotion, transfer, discipline, and termination are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship, or any other status protected by law. Decisions in these and other areas are job related and are based on individual merit and qualifications.
Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Jewish Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us at [email protected]