Temple Ner Tamid, Peabody, MA
Who We Are
We are a warm, welcoming, and inclusive community dedicated to Jewish value, family, worship, learning, and social action. We are proud to partner with local organizations and initiatives that reflect values of the Conservative movement. Through fulfillment of mitzvot, we provide opportunities for meaningful living for our synagogue members. We welcome all including interfaith families and all sexual preferences.
We are looking for an Office Administrator to ensure the smooth running of our office on a day-to-day basis, organizing and coordinating administrative duties for our temple and religious school. This person must possess excellent communication and relationship skills, is detail oriented and tech savvy, be a natural self-starter, and have a strong work ethic. He/she should be open to learning about Jewish religion, culture, and identity. We are seeking an individual who possesses a passion for the temple’s mission and is committed to helping us achieve our goals, initiatives, and friendly, welcoming approach.
- Provide first point-of-contact for all incoming telephone calls, mail, and emails and route appropriately.
- Provide administrative assistance to the lay leadership, Rabbi, and religious school Director, as needed.
- Receive payments, temple fees, school tuition payments, donations/contributions, and prepare appropriate acknowledgement letters.
- Undertake Zoom meeting management/training including scheduling meetings, registering attendees, sending out meeting links, and trouble-shooting ZOOM events.
- Perform general office tasks including mailing, copying, file/archive maintenance, and creating documents.
- Manage/update congregational database.
- Prepare weekly temple-based electronic bulletins and monthly calendar website updates.
- Provide event planning/support including schedule, prepare fliers/ads/other publicity, register participants, and assist in facility set-up and related activities.
- Assist Rabbi and Board of Directors in their effort to support congregational volunteers.
- Support bookkeeper and Board Treasurer, as needed.
- During office hours, receive delivered packages from delivery service providers and
route as appropriate; maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Maintain required building security protocols
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary- Commensurate with experience
- Paid time off for Jewish Holidays
- Federal Holidays
- Vacation time- 2 weeks
- Sick days- 5 days paid
- Sundays 9:30-12:30
- Tuesdays 9:00-4:00
- Wednesday 9:00-1:00
- Thursday 9:00-1:00
- Friday 9:00-1:00
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience in administrative support (at least five years of experience)
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, interpersonal (both written and oral communication) and writing skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, technology (e.g., ZOOM), website posting, electronic communication (such as e-newsletters, emails, etc.). Comfortable using Constant Contact and other related communication systems.
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate in a positive, enthusiastic, and professional manner with a diverse group of members, visitors & vendors
- Flexibility to accept new responsibilities and direction, as needed