The Senior Director of Development will work collaboratively, in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer, in accomplishing the fundraising goals for the organization, including the unrestricted annual campaign, supplemental giving, corporate opportunities, as well as interfacing with donors as it regards funds held in The Foundation for Jewish Philanthropies of San Antonio.
The Senior Director of Development has primary responsibility for developing and implementing the overall annual campaign strategy, with a focus on major donor management. The Senior Director of Development will lead the annual campaign effort, identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major donors, as well as proactively expanding the donor base. The Senior Director of Development will serve as primary staff for the Campaign Cabinet, led by the lay Vice Chair of Philanthropy, as well as the Women’s Philanthropy Board, led by the lay chair(s) of Women’s Philanthropy. The Senior Director of Development will lead the effort in collaboration with the CEO in identifying and strategizing prospects for endowment and supplemental giving.
The Senior Director of Development will supervise both the full-time Development Specialist as well as the part-time Director of Planned Giving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with key stakeholders and donors.
- Direct annual campaign(s) solicitation process which includes recruiting and training lay solicitors, making solicitation assignments, following up with solicitors to ensure successful and timely completion of these assignments and culminating in a solicitor appreciation program.
- Staff the Campaign Cabinet, in partnership with the Vice Chair of Philanthropy
- Serve as primary staff in coordinating and implementing annual campaign(s) events
- In collaboration with the Database Administrator, ensure that donor information is effectively and efficiently maintained (in Blackbaud CRM) and prospect cultivation activity is appropriately tracked - including monitoring systems to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Work in partnership with the CEO to develop the [annual/campaign] case for giving.
- Work in partnership with the Marketing & Communications Manager to develop campaign collateral materials and campaign messaging.
- Work with the Development Specialist to ensure that pledges and acknowledgements are quickly and accurately processed and that donor accounts are accurate.
- Work with the Development Specialist to build and maintain robust “Community” Campaign (non-“Major” Donors) as a component of the annual campaign, including the supervision of the planning and implementation of annual Phonathons and other related campaigns.
- Proactively manage the campaign-related budget and oversee the preparation of statistical and narrative reports, and other documents as requested (i.e., campaign dashboard & reports for the Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings)
- Serve as a development resource for all Federation staff and programs, as well as assist in coordinating these efforts to maximize fundraising opportunities for the Federation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with relevant professional experience; minimum five years of specific campaign/fundraising or similar experience
- A strong commitment to the Jewish people and Israel; considerable knowledge of Jewish communal life and current trends preferred
- Experience working as a professional or lay leader in a Jewish community setting; knowledge of the Jewish Federation movement, and Jewish philanthropy preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills necessary to interact with a diverse body of lay leaders, donors, professional staff, and other stakeholders
- Positive, can-do attitude, mature interpersonal style and an out-going demeanor and ability to consistently demonstrate common sense, teamwork and excellent judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to be entrusted with sensitive information and conduct daily activities with the utmost professionalism and integrity
- Experience with donor management systems, such as Blackbaud CRM, preferred
- Demonstrated competency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
The Senior Director of Development reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
ABOUT THE JEWISH FEDERATION OF SAN ANTONIO
We are a close-knit team of diverse personalities and interests that span the spectrum of demographics. We enjoy our time working together for the benefit of the San Antonio Jewish community, including all other communities supported by the resources we secure locally. We are a team of approximately 15 FT/PT employees, none of whom was furloughed or asked to take a reduction in pay during the pandemic. We celebrate birthdays and other special occasions and enjoy the opportunities to have lunch together and spend time with one another not addressing work-related subject matter. Our lay leadership respect our professionalism and rely on us to be their support and resource when needed. The senior management team (which includes this position) is a collaborative, open, and dependent network of professionals who set the expectations and model the culture for the overall institutional success. We invite you to join us on this professional journey.
For more information, please contact: [email protected] or 210-302-6963