Beth El Synagogue Center (Beth El) is a large Synagogue located in New Rochelle, NY. Beth El provides a wide range of religious, educational, social and community activities for all ages. We have a nursery school, after school program and summer camp. This can be a fast paced environment that requires customer service and problem solving skills, patience and effective communication skills.
Beth El is seeking an energetic, process-oriented, and experienced manager to oversee all office operations. The individual will be a key contact for congregants and visitors and will be a trusted partner who is integral to the successful operation of our synagogue. This position reports to the Executive Director, functions as part of the synagogue’s administrative team, and collaborates closely with clergy and staff. Knowledge of Judaism is not required.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the smooth operation of the front office
- Communicate effectively with congregants
- Problem solve any issues that arise
- Manage bi-monthly publication
- Develop and improve office processes to ensure efficient and consistent operations
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers
- Lead special projects, working with the office team and others to successful outcomes
- Work collaboratively on event and program logistics as needed
- Develop and implement intra-office communication protocols
You are perfect for this position if:
- You are a people person
- You have proven office management or administrative experience
- You are comfortable with technology, and you are skilled in the use of technology and systems such as Google Office suite and Excel
- You have experience using design programs such as Canva
- You have top-notch organizational, time management and project management skills ? You can laugh when things get stressful
- You are flexible and comfortable managing multiple projects
- You value teamwork
- You want to work for an organization that cares about treating people with respect and mission driven
Experience and Qualifications Needed
- A Bachelor of Arts or comparable college degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized, able to multi-task with keen attention to details.