Samost Jewish Family & Children’s Service of Southern New Jersey is a social service agency with a $7.5 million operating budget, headquartered in Cherry Hill New Jersey. We seek a dynamic, collaborative, and highly qualified Executive Director to lead the organization in providing creative and effective social services to individuals, families, and local communities. In partnership with a team of exceptional professional management and staff as well as dedicated lay leadership and volunteers, the Executive Director will lead JFCS to achieve the organization's mission. JFCS is an agency of the integrated system of the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey. For more information, please visit our website https://jfcssnj.org/.
We are located in the “Tri-State” area (New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware), on the edge of Philadelphia, just across the Delaware River from the City of Brotherly Love. Cherry Hill is an economically important New Jersey gem. Several significant, multinational businesses have headquarters in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, which means that its proximity to Philadelphia isn't the only draw. There is a high-speed rail to Philadelphia, NJ and Penn Station in NY. The neighborhood has an intriguing history. Cherry Hill Township is in Camden County and is one of the best places to live in New Jersey. Our schools are highly rated and there is a strong Jewish community in our area with options for Jewish Day Schools. Living in Cherry Hill Township offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. This area is a 1-hour car ride to Atlantic City with its resort casinos, boardwalk, shopping, and beaches, a 1.5-hour car ride to NYC and a 3-hour car ride to Washington DC.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for JFCS staff, programs, and execution of its mission. The Executive Director will ensure JFCS’s leadership maintains an awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, client/community base, new industry developments and standards. The Executive Director will have the overall responsibility for evaluating the needs of the community and creating, planning, implementing, and integrating the strategic direction of the organization and all its components and departments resulting in the development and implementation of services and programs. The successful candidate must be a collaborative and energetic leader.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Proven track record in professional staff management of significant size
• Experience with volunteer management, donor engagement, and government relations
• Demonstrated success in securing public and private grants and contracts
• Proven track record leading resource development and stewardship including individuals, corporations, major gifts, endowments, events and grants
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy and budgets including monitoring and reporting the agency’s finances to the Board of Trustees and the Jewish Federation
• Prior experience in strategic planning, risk management and COA accreditation
• Experience working with a Board of Directors and volunteer committees
• Understanding of trends in social service delivery
• Experience in the areas of social services, mental health, social services or counseling field is required
• Graduate degree in management (public administration, nonprofit leadership, business administration, public health, or social work)
• Familiarity and understanding of Jewish traditions, religious practices, and culture
Salary range for this position is $160,000 - $185,000 with a comprehensive benefit plan including but not limited to health, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, matching 403b and JCC membership.
The Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, and our family of agencies, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon a person’s actual or perceived gender, race, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital/civil union status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, veteran or military status, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions, or other legally protected characteristics. The Federation participates in the E-Verify program. The Federation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us via the link on this posting. EOE