As the Program Coordinator, you will work as part of a team of professionals and volunteers to facilitate logistics and marketing of programs that will further the goals of the synagogue. This will include planning small programs from conception to completion, as well as assisting the Program Director with larger programs and events. Programs will focus on membership in-reach and volunteer engagement. The Program Coordinator will also assist other members of staff with administrative support. Candidate must be detail-oriented, outgoing, adaptable, energetic, and comfortable with a schedule that involves participation in synagogue life which can include Shabbat, holidays, and occasional evenings.
Candidate will possess the following:
- Experience in program/event management and marketing preferred
- College degree in Jewish Studies, Jewish Communal Service, Non-Profit Management preferred, or related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media use in organizational culture
- Comfort and confidence in their ability to quickly learn new software
- Knowledge of Jewish laws and customs
We are a synagogue located on the shores of Mercer Island committed to serving the diverse religious, spiritual, and communal needs of our congregation and the greater community. We have been here for over 100 years. Our diverse staff represents all spectrums of society and as a non-profit, we work in partnership with our board of directors and volunteers.
We offer competitive pay range and excellent benefits which include paid employee medical, retirement contributions and generous holidays. We are an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]