The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School of Greater Washington is seeking a full-time special educator to provide expertise and leadership in the area of learning support for grades 9-12 for the 2022-2023 school year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and intervention in the areas of executive functioning and self-advocacy skills.
- Provide support to teachers on differentiated instruction and classroom accommodations.
- Appraise student learning levels and needs and establish learning objectives to address these needs.
- Write Education Plans with measurable goals and student reports to monitor progress.
- Provide direct support services to students in Structured Study Hall and/or in their mainstream classrooms.
- Use on-going diagnostic prescriptive teaching methods to assist students in developing skills and strategies to become successful lifelong learners.
- Interpret psycho-educational evaluations and make recommendations.
- Communicate regularly with parents of students on caseload.
- Dedicated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (DEIJ).
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to work with staff and parents dealing with sensitive and confidential issues concerning a child’s learning differences.
- Experience supporting students with executive functioning challenges required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Education and Experience: Master’s Degree in Special Education from an Accredited University. At least 3 years teaching experience preferred.
- Faculty may be asked to perform their work responsibilities on campus and/or at home. In both settings, the teacher is required to maintain a professional environment.
- While on campus, classes may be operating either in person or in an alternative setting. Teachers are expected to be present and accessible for the entire school day (contracted hours), regardless of the setting.
- In accordance with the School's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, the School has adopted a mandatory Vaccination Policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families and the community at large from infectious diseases such as COVID-19 and the flu, which may be reduced by annual vaccinations. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities, as applicable.
To learn more about this opportunity and the School, visit https://www.cesjds.org/about/work-at-cesjds
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The School encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.