Who We Are:
Moishe (pronounced moy-shuh) House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four friends began hosting Shabbat dinners in their home, Moishe House provides a space for over 70,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers each year. To date, there are more than 150 communities in over 30 countries, and we’re still growing!
Moishe House is seeking a detail oriented team player to join our Base team as a Senior Administrative Assistant (30 hours per week), primarily providing day-to-day support to our Base Program Director and the Base department, providing administrative, programming, and logistics support for Base National events and the local Base team. This position reports to the Base Program Director.
All voices are needed at Moishe House. Every new member of the Moishe House team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People Of Color (BIPOC) and historically marginalized groups, including, People with Disabilities, People from the LGBTQ+ communities are all encouraged to apply for our open positions!
We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We recognize we have a ways to go and a lot to learn.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
- You believe in our mission, and are truly a team player, always glad to provide support in areas and projects as needed
- You are highly organized and have advanced skills in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, Google
- You have a strong interest in supporting innovative approaches to building Jewish community and tracking demographic trends in the Jewish community
- You’ll play a key role in supporting our Base Department, including:
- Providing logistical support for Base National events, including Summit, fundraising events, field building virtual and in-person gatherings, and logistical support for rabbinic recruitment
- Serving as the Base main point of contact for the Moishe House marketing team for Base National marketing needs, and providing marketing, graphic design and social media management for each local Base
- Providing hosting and programmatic logistical support for local teams, such as ordering catering, form creation, and booking event space
- Serving as the Base liaison with Development Operations and Finance teams regarding donation processing, donor recognition, and grant reporting needs
- Managing discrete projects
- You have an Associate’s Degree or two additional years of full-time relevant experience as a substitute for the degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ full-time professional experience in an administrative or similar role
- You have proven ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively
- You have experience effectively collaborating and working independently and self-sufficiently with a team spread across multiple geographic areas
- You have intermediate-level or higher proficiency with Microsoft Office and other office management tools
- You are a highly skilled communicator (written and verbal), and a natural project manager and organizer, preparing agendas, ensuring metrics are recorded accurately and on time, and preparing documents and presentations
- You have the ability to anticipate opportunities and challenges, adapt approaches as necessary, and successfully navigate shifting priorities while reallocating time and resources as necessary.
- You have experience in event management, managing budgets, and tracking relational engagement in a CRM (preferred)
- You embrace and consistently demonstrate the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- You have eligibility to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
The Fine Print:
The Sr. Administrative Assistant for Base is a full-time, non-exempt (30 hours per week), year-round position, and requires regular weekday office hours to complete job requirements. This position works in the Chicago, New York City, or Washington, D.C. Hub Office, and is supervised by the Base Program Director.
Beginning in 2022, we’re excited to be returning to a hybrid work schedule at our Hub Offices, where employees can choose to work remotely 2 days per week and collaborate in-person with coworkers the rest of the week (Wednesday will be a day we are all in the office together!). Employees will receive prior notice in advance of starting this new schedule.
Moishe House requires “full vaccination” for all staff to travel, work in offices, and participate in any Moishe House group gatherings. We use the CDC’s definition of “full vaccination” as the standard, with variations based on country as needed.
How Moishe House Takes Care of You:
- Healthcare: Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
- Time off: Paid time off (used as needed for personal, vacation, and sick days) per year that increases with continued employment (additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees through the Talent Alliance) PLUS office closures and up to 7 floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
- 401(k): up to 3% matching after one year of employment
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Quarterly paid day of service to give back to your community
- Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
- Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms, and more through Plum Benefits
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
- Opportunity to work in one of our Moishe House Hub Offices (Chicago, IL, NYC, or Washington D. C.)!
How Moishe House Pays You:
- Moishe House’s starting salary ranges are based on education, experience, location, and skillset required for each role.
- This is a non-exempt hourly position; starting hourly rate for this position is:
- Chicago: $20/hour-$23/hour
- NYC or DC: $23/hour-$26/hour
- Annual merit-based salary increase
How Moishe House Invests in You:
- $750 USD annual professional development fund
- One-on-one Jewish learning with an approved educator of your choice
- Local professional learning opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement through Moishe House’s career path planning
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
- Opportunities to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats and Conferences