The Development Database Specialist is responsible for the donor database; including, but not limited to record-keeping, reporting, analysis, and maintenance. The Development Database Specialist oversees the general functioning of all donor data processes and responds to requests for information, reports, and analysis.
The Development Database Specialist reports directly to the Director of Advancement and additionally, works with and provides general support to the Finance and Operations team.
Oversee all functions of donor database management (currently Raiser’s Edge):
- Process gifts, including entry and acknowledgements, pledge reminders, receipt deposits, and invoices
- Entry of gifts received
- Prepare acknowledgement letters, pledge reminders, receipts and invoices
- Prepare daily deposit for accounting team.
- Update letterhead every year and create new templates for acknowledgement letters, receipts, and invoices
- Maintain accurate records
- Update new/existing constituents at the beginning and end of the year (students, parents, parents of alumni, grandparents, faculty, exiting students, etc...)
- Ensure family members are linked (student, siblings, parents, grandparents, other relationships)
- Update records for birth and death announcements (mark deceased, change to primary constituent, add attribute, relationship and action, etc...)
- Maintain major donor lists
- Produce annual “Bible” of gifts received by requested categories
- Create and maintain Top Donor report of all $1,000+ gifts
- B’nai Mitzvah certificates and acknowledgements for the Parent Organization
- Open new campaigns, funds, appeals, attributes, and other actions as needed
- Produce donor reports
- Daily Reports (gifts received, pledges made, etc…)
- Weekly Reports (Development update, Campaign status-Annual, Machar, etc…)
- Monthly update of the Board Dashboard and prior to meetings
- Provide lists for Annual Advancement Report
- Constituency profiles as necessary for phonathons and other solicitations
- End of the month reconciliation with Accounting records
- Necessary reports for annual audit
- Coordinate and work with Director of Admissions & Enrollment to update and synchronize donor records with enrollment records
- Respond to donor requests as appropriate (telephone or email)
- Manage and review database work of summer intern
- Perform any additional other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement
The above is not intended to be, nor should be construed as, an all-inclusive description of the duties and responsibilities of the Database Manager position. Additionally, employment with SSDS is “at-will”, as defined in the SSDS Employee Handbook.
Mission Statement: “At Solomon Schechter Day School of Metropolitan Chicago (SSDS), we ignite our students’ Jewish souls, educate them to their highest potential, and empower them to use their knowledge, skills, and creativity to enrich our world.”
We are part of a wonderful community of faculty, staff, students, parents and other treasured members. We look forward to having you join us!