Join our rapidly growing and exciting 7-year old non-profit. In your role, you will engage with teenagers and young adults ranging in age from 12 to 21, inspiring them to connect their Jewish identities with their passion for social justice. We are seeking a Director of Immersive Experiences who is energetic, playful, creative, enthusiastic, charming, hard-working, and well organized with strong communication and leadership skills that has Judaic knowledge, a strong sense of social justice, and loves working with teenagers. We are looking for someone who wants to work strategically with our team and pursue a path of growth and learning. We cherish a diverse team which includes differences in age, ethnicity, national origin, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Create new day trip options
- Systemize processes for our programming
- Liaise with community partners and key stakeholders to advance Tzedek America programmatic goals
- Program revision and overview
- Innovate new online curriculum
- Guide local, national, and international impact travel program
- Oversee planning and implementation of local day programs
- Implement online learning
- Facilitate in partnership our new Mitzvah Project Central program
Leadership and Management
- Supervise, train, and schedule part-time Jewish social justice tour guides
- Serve as a collaborator with Executive Director and Director of Operations
- Manage grant applications requirements and reports
- Five plus years as a professional
- Energized by engaging and working with teenagers
- Willingness to laugh and be playful
- Collaborates with colleagues and enjoys networking
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset and spirit
- Confidence initiating and running programs, and comfort asking questions
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Effective teaching and people management skills
- Willingness to admit what you do not know, and excitement to learn in those areas
- Creative problem-solving and ability to multi-task
- Excitement to continue developing your own relationship to Judaism
- Passion for social justice education and community building
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, make difficult decisions, and follow through on agreed-upon initiatives
- Available to travel at least 40+ days throughout the year
- Strong Judaic knowledge, masters degree preferred
- Fluency in social media
What You’ll Receive
- Compensation commensurate with experience in the range of $65,000
- Health Insurance Stipend
- Generous vacation/sick time
- Flexible office hours
- Parental leave
- Professional development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities
- Travel regionally and abroad, including Nevada, Arizona, Kentucky, and Guatemala
While we are based in Los Angeles, we are willing to explore the option of having a
director who works remotely and meets us at various trip locations. Your location may
also determine the future site of Tzedek America’s expansion.
About Tzedek America
Tzedek America was founded in 2014 to transform the lives of Los Angeles teens and young adults, strengthen Jewish American identity, and change communities through experiential social justice education. We provide safe and supportive experiences that open the eyes of our participants and encourage them to engage in acts of Tikkun Olam. We support Jewish institutions in North America by providing Jewish social education to supplement their programs. Tzedek America's vision is that every Jewish institution will include immersive social justice programming in their yearly calendar and curricula.
Currently, Tzedek America is the only Los Angeles organization curating Jewish impact travel experiences for teenagers and college students. Tzedek America organizes and executes programming through the vision of our Board of Directors and our professional team. Each year, more than 1000 Jewish teenagers and young adults between the ages of twelve and twenty-one participate in Tzedek America programming, collaborating with synagogues, high schools, summer camps, and college Hillel chapters.
Tzedek America is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all. Tzedek America welcomes all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or criminal record.
If you require any accommodations to participate in the application process more effectively, please contact Sandy Irani at [email protected].
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]