Position: Project Director, Cultures of Belonging - 20 hours week (Exempt)
Reports to: Director of Network Weaving
Department: Educational Innovation
Location: Remote (flexible)
Date: November 2021
Prizmah is the network for Jewish day schools across North America. We partner with day schools, yeshivas, philanthropists, and communities from all denominations, helping them grow their reach and impact and tackle the challenges on their paths to success.
Educating our children is the most important investment we can make in their future. Jewish day schools inspire and nurture young people, prepare them for remarkable and meaningful lives, and enable them to thrive.
Prizmah enhances the ability of schools to excel by building networks for schools and their supporters to connect, learn and drive impact – deepening talent by investing in professional and lay leaders; catalyzing resources to generate funding for schools to flourish; and accelerating educational innovation, to foster teaching and learning opportunities that empower students.
At Prizmah, we see what is possible for Jewish day schools, and we're passionate about making that vision a reality.
Prizmah: Center for Jewish Day Schools is committed to creating cultures of belonging in Jewish day schools and yeshivas. To further that goal, Prizmah is seeking a Program Director for a portfolio of work on race, school culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion. This position is an eighteen month - two year, grant funded position for 20 hours per week.
The Cultures of Belonging Program Director will be responsible for managing, supporting, and collaborating on the development, execution, and reporting on program goals and outcomes for this portfolio of work. In addition, the Program Director will hold overall program relationship management with program participants, consultants, facilitators, and other stakeholders. They will work collaboratively across Prizmah's organizational priorities to embody best practices for creating cultures of belonging and help integrate an equity lens into existing departmental work.
We are looking for someone who is interested in growing with us and passionately lives the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. The Program Director will work with our Network to Learn and Educational Innovation Teams - highly collaborative teams that operate in a fast-paced environment. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. We value experimenting with new ideas, learning from them, and learning from the process. If you are excited by the idea of working with our Prizmah team to manage, support, and further develop our work on diversity, equity, and inclusion challenges and using relational engagement to address them, we’d like to hear from you.
- Support and collaborate on the development, tracking, and execution of program goals and design
- Oversee educational goals and outcomes for participating schools
- Oversee, support, and facilitate Prizmah Collaboratives - intentional groups of multiple schools meeting virtually to further common educational goals
- Manage relationships and ongoing communication with school leaders, program participants, external consultants, and facilitators
- Help facilitate the Race and School Culture peer-to-peer network
- Curate and share Cultures of Belonging thought leadership
- Share Prizmah’s Cultures of Belonging learning and the learning of our school leaders with the rest of the field
- Work on the creation of reports and supporting communications for program funders and other stakeholders together with the Director of Network Weaving, as needed
- Support program evaluation, data collection and reporting together with the Director of Network Weaving, as needed
- Provide guidance and support to Prizmah’s internal diversity, equity, and inclusion staff working group
Experience and Qualifications
- Deep knowledge and experience working in the field of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Deep knowledge and/or experience with Jewish day schools and yeshivas
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a remote environment
- Creativity, sense of humor, generosity of spirit and strong relational skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience coaching, mentoring, or training groups in diversity, equity, and inclusion work is a plus
- Strong written communications skills
- Proficiency in working with the technology of an online work environment including GSuite, Slack, Zoom, Box (training will be provided, as needed).
- Insert what you’re great at here (our positions are crafted to support and highlight the skills and passions of the people we hire)
What We Offer
- Early close on Fridays for Shabbat and on the eve of other Jewish holidays. Closed for some Jewish Holidays.
- Flexible hours.
- A work environment that prioritizes building a strong workplace culture. We value learning and professional development. You will be a part of a great team that cares deeply about the work we do and each other.
- Competitive salary in the range of $30-40k
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please include Project Director, Cultures of Belonging in the subject line.