Who We Are:
Met Council is America’s largest Jewish charity dedicated to serving the needy. Met Council’s ten different departments are staffed by experts who helped over 305,000 clients in 2021 and continuously advocate on behalf of all needy New Yorkers. Our holistic programs range from 100% affordable housing at 20 locations to our award-winning family violence program to comprehensive Holocaust survivor assistance to senior programming to crisis intervention to the largest free kosher food distribution program in the world. Our network of food pantries, affordable housing sites, and JCCs provide services directly in neighborhoods across New York.
The Met Council Manhattan Fulfillment Center (MFC), one of Food Program’s incubator pantries in Manhattan, serves to fill pockets of kosher need by prioritizing dignity and accessibility in its programs through the Digital Pantry system. With the Digital Pantry, MFC onboards satellite sites, expanding the scope of MFC’s food footprint in Manhattan. With 13 satellite sites, MFC is steadily growing to meet food needs from a client-focused model. Pantry clients pick up the food packed at the MFC from their nearby community-based organizations, which includes schools, synagogues, and other nonprofits. As a volunteer engagement hub, MFC also incorporates volunteer shifts and events in all its programming to educate neighboring communities about Met Council services while carrying out its daily operations.
What You'll Do:
The Manhattan Fulfillment Center Program Coordinator will support MFC’s existing pantry operations, overseeing the programs with key community partners to support ongoing emergency food delivery throughout the community. Support for the programming will entail Digital Pantry software management, inventory maintenance and control, and monthly food distributions. The coordinator will also help plan food-related volunteer shifts and events to carry out MFC’s monthly food distributions. Working with Volunteer Services, the coordinator will also support meaningful engagement activities and events that benefit our clients and nurture the relationships with our community partners. The coordinator reports to the Manager; Strategic Initiatives, who oversees the MFC.
Please note: The official job title for this position is Program Coordinator; Manhattan Fulfillment Center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Run MFC’s monthly operations and programs.
- Coordinate food distribution to MFC’s satellite sites, including college campuses, synagogues, and schools
- With our Volunteer Services department, support volunteer programming, including shifts, events, and special projects with volunteers, donors, and community groups to support the MFC and the wider Kosher Food Program pantry network.
- Support ongoing professional development programming, including fellowships, internships, and other opportunities as they arise.
- Maintain inventory control for monthly distributions with our Digital Pantry software
- Ensure the space remains a welcoming, exciting, and functional place to sustain and grow Met Council’s program goals and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring to the Organization:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills—both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Some experience with donors and community stakeholders
- Some familiarity with local community groups or willingness to learn
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work on a team with constant collaboration and open communication
- Working knowledge of Windows 10 and all Microsoft Office programs
- Significant organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
We'd Like You to Have:
- Associate's degree (required); Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Fluent In English (required); additional languages helpful
- Knowledge of Kashrut laws helpful
- Comfort with technology (required)
- Driver’s license (preferred); ability to drive a van or willingness to learn (preferred)
What We Offer:
This a full-time overtime-eligible position with competitive salary starting at $47,840 per year and a generous benefits package which includes major medical, dental, vision and life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, 403(b) with employer contribution, plus generous vacation, sick leave and holidays. This is currently a hybrid position which may require occasional Sunday and after-hours work.