Maimonides School, a Modern Orthodox day school in Brookline, MA is seeking Special Education candidates for a full- time position in our Middle and Upper School Learning Center.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a student-centered approach
- Embrace the philosophy that students do well if they can
- Be creative and innovative in coming up with adaptations for individual learning strategies
- Be expert at integrating study skills to support executive functioning
- Embrace new technologies
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in communicating with teachers
- Be a team player
- Support the mission and values of our school.
- Degree in Special Education
- MA Teaching Certificate preferred, with a min of 3 years experience.
- Specialty in Writing with knowledge and experience of a writing program such as Writing Revolution
- Proficiency in Judaic Studies and Hebrew preferred, but not required
- Comfortable working with students in grades 6-12
- Confident in teaching study skills
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and general studies, with an emphasis on moral and spiritual development. From early childhood through 12th grade, our students are avid learners, eager to engage with each other, their teachers, and their community.
Join our community of outstanding educators and administrators who recognize each new day as an opportunity for creative ideas, collaboration, and connection. Maimonides is more than a school; it is a vibrant community whose members embody kindness and compassion for others.
Maimonides School is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maimonides does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, 403(b), flexible spending plans, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and long-term disability. Competitive salary commensurate with years of experience.