Preschool Teacher/Early Childhood Educator
Levy Family Early Childhood Center at the Sephardic Temple Tifereth Israel.
If you are a caring and empathetic teacher inspired to nurture a learning environment that develops children’s cognitive, social, and problem-solving skills through partnering with parents, we want you to come join our teaching team!
Duties include and are not limited to:
• Be responsible for the safety and welfare of the children, supervising children by sight and sound.
• Provide and maintain an atmosphere which is conducive to emotional and cognitive growth.
• Build partnerships with parents and establish and maintain good communications with staff and families Supervise and guide teacher assistants in the classroom and engage them in the creation of weekly plans.
• Implement time-management and behavior management strategies to adhere to daily classroom schedules including individual and group activities, classroom and playground times, enrichment projects, toileting/diapering, snacks/lunch, and rest/nap periods.
• Use open-ended questioning strategies and positive redirection, as well as provide facilitative classroom skills.
• Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and training and development opportunities.
• Provide observation, documentation, and assessment of children to support and reflect on children’s learning.
• Participate in temple programs as appropriate.
• Demonstrate knowledge of developmental milestones and best practices.
• Possess a Child Development Associate credential, degree in Education, or college coursework in child development.
• 1+ Years of experience in Early Childhood Education.
• Part time hours are from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM with potential for extended hours.
The compensation for this position will be based on experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to: [email protected]