About Jewish National Fund-USA
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit an experienced fundraiser to be responsible for cultivating donors, maintaining existing relationships, and supporting the Mid-Atlantic campaign team in all its efforts. This person will be responsible for fundraising throughout parts of Greater Washington. A typical day will include identifying prospective partners, meeting face-to-face and sharing the JNF story, program and event management, and leadership development to help the organization meet and exceed our goals. This role can be based in Washington DC, Northern Virginia or Rockville, MD.
You will be a member of a team where there is a culture of enthusiasm, partnership, teamwork, and excitement to reach individual and community goals.
The successful candidate must be an experienced professional who is a "go-getter" and must combine sophisticated leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, results-oriented, and have a clear passion for the Jewish National Fund USA's mission and Israel.
- Engage in direct and systematic cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of existing donors in all dollar categories and the ability to cultivate new donors in all categories
- Promote major donor-centric approaches, well-timed solicitation schedules and data-driven program analysis to increase revenue generation
- Utilize the Jewish National Fund USA's Salesforce database to manage donor and prospect relationships
- Mission and conference recruitment
- Event management, including working with JNF-USA affinity groups (Women for Israel, Lawyers for Israel, Doctors for Israel)
- Travel within Mid-Atlantic, and Israel on occasion.
- Candidate will be required to work nights, weekends as needed (excluding Shabbat)
- At least 2 years of progressive responsibility and experience in fundraising, or proven sales experience in a client driven business
- Experience leading and growing successful fundraising campaigns from a diverse range of sources.
- A track record of successful and progressive accomplishments in financial resource development
- Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, as well as an interest in advancing the organizations fundraising goals
- Strong communication skills including experience in presenting and public speaking
- Knowledge of the Jewish Community and Greater Washington area
- Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation and solicitation, and stewardship.
- Proven success in asking for and closing gifts and building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors.
- Presence and comfort level to interact effectively with the community and business leaders
- A flexible and creative thinker able to find and create new giving opportunities for programs.
- Ability to respect and maintain donor confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel