Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School is widely recognized as one of the leading Modern Orthodox yeshivot in the country. Situated in the heart of Teaneck, NJ, Ma’ayanot has long been known for both the overall excellence of its academic program, as well as its holistic education that values the personal growth and development of each student supported by a robust co-curricular program, and multi-tiered guidance and support for students. Ma’ayanot was founded in 1996 with the commitment to offer advanced Torah and Academic studies that inspire the young women of our community towards a life-long commitment to Torah values and making a difference in our world. Ma’ayanot has approximately 325 students, (grades 9-12), 60 full- time faculty and staff members.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Development, The Development and Engagement Associate is responsible for managing the core department operations including gift processing, acknowledgments, maintaining gift accuracy, invoices, and reconciliation with the Business Department. The associate is also responsible for event management and support. This position performs various administrative, technical and support functions including utilizing a donor management software, maintaining the communication from the development department calendar, and supporting the planning and execution of all fundraising and community engagement work.
- Input and track all donations in donor management software including credit card payments, online payments and gifts of stock or appreciated securities.
- Create and send all donor acknowledgment letters and tribute cards.
- Execute standard and ad hoc queries from databases such as monthly donor reports.
- Execute all mailed and emailed communications using a variety of platforms.
- Make updates to the development portion of the website.
- Work collaboratively with the business and admission offices to coordinate data, events, and ensure financial reconciliation.
- Coordinate, prepare, and distribute electronic and direct mailings to donors, faculty, staff, students, parents, and others as needed; distribute department mail.
- Oversee all aspects of Day of Learning and Program Sponsorships
- Liaise with the Parent Council including creating and executing all communication, faculty recognition opportunities, and general oversight.
- Support all development and engagement events throughout the course of the year
- Manage all department social media activities in collaboration with communications department
COMPETENCIES and EXPERIENCE
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work successfully and collaboratively with a wide range of people using strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy in a clear, courteous, and professional manner
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Effective time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of office experience required. Experience in an academic or development office or school environment is a plus.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Rachel Shtern, Director of Development, [email protected]